If you can, we ask that students bring in a donation that they are capable of carrying themselves on their very short walk to The Church of the Good Shepherd for Expressions Day on Thursday, December 12th. It would be best for the students to bring donations in that day, but we understand that is not always possible so donations may be dropped off in advance at school.
Due to the fact that this is a soup kitchen and not a food pantry, Shepherd’s Table has very specific needs. (For example, since they are serving meals, not sending food home, large cans of vegetables are needed due to the time burden that opening hundreds of small sized cans would require.) Additionally, as our weather has turned cold, there is also a need for some non-food items. Please see list below of what is requested. If preferred, financial donations are also gladly accepted.
- #10 Can of Vegetables (these are the large size from Sam’s Club, BJ’s)
- Hot Sauce
- Spices of any and all kinds (garlic, dried onions, cinnamon, cumin)
- Packets of dry gravy mix
- Liquid hand soap
- Packets of Kleenex (individual)
- Gift Cards to Sam’s Club, Harris Teeter, or Kroger
- Cash – checks can be made payable to Shepherd’s Table Soup Kitchen
If you have any questions, please let me know!