The PTO is excited to sponsor the 2022 Spring Middle School Dance! This will be the first dance our middle schoolers have been able to have since Fall 2019 (when the 8th graders were in 6th grade)! We hope everyone will be able to attend this special event, held at the NC State University Club ballroom and outdoor courtyard.
Due to the forecast of rain, we are planning to move the dance floor inside. We’ll have all of the doors open for fresh air. If the rain stops students can socialize in the connected outdoor courtyard.
There is a large covered entrance area at the front of the building with a circular drive for you to drop off and pick up the kids. Please keep the line moving.
- $8 in advance, $10 cash at the door.
Buy your tickets now! (Names will go on a list and students can check in at the dance.)
- In addition to the Exploris teacher chaperones, we need parents to help. Sign up here:
Students can request songs ahead of time! The DJ will also take requests during the dance.
Song Request Link & QR: https://southerndjs.djintelligence.com/request/?ID=ExplorisProm
Photos and Phones:
- No cell phone policy – Cell phones must be checked in at the registration table and will be returned after the dance
- PLEASE label your cell phone (with a piece of paper/tape/rubber band) with your name and grade.
- There will be a photo booth for free event souvenirs.
Exploris Middle School Dance FAQs
The 2022 Exploris Middle School Dance is coming up on Friday, May 13. Please read this info!
- Will elementary kids be there during the event? No, this is a middle school event only. In addition, while we appreciate (and need!) parents chaperoning, we ask that younger siblings not accompany you while chaperoning.
- What type of music will be played? Popular, “radio-version” music (including student requests) will be played by the DJ, who has a lot of school dance experience. He knows that inappropriate music should not be played.
- Is there a dress code? Casual, appropriate clothing. Some students dress up and others wear their regular clothes. The dance floor will be outside so please consider the temperature.
- What about cell phones? Students can bring phones but they must check them in at the door, and then they can pick them up before they leave. This is how Exploris has always handled cell phones at dances and the system has worked well. A parent volunteer will be guarding the phones during the dance. If a student must use their phone to text or call a parent during the dance, they can do that. Before the dance, PLEASE label your cell phone (with a piece of paper/tape/rubber band) with your name and grade.
- How will drop-off and pick-up work? Drop off starting at 6:45, pickup between 9:00-9:15.
*Please enter the NC State University Club drive off of Hillsborough Street and continue straight until you see the building. Drive past the main building and then turn left and drive through the circular drive.
*Stop at the covered front entrance of the University Club and drop students off at the main doors. They will enter the front doors of the building and we will have check-in tables there. Students will also be picked up in front of the building in the covered area. Please keep the line moving during dropoff and pickup.
*If you’d like to come in, please park in one of the three parking lots and walk up. Do not park in the circular drive.
- Are parents welcome? We will need enough teachers and parent chaperones present to make sure the event is fun and safe for everyone. See the signup sheet. If you need to pick up your child before 9:00, please feel free to park in the parking log, come in, find your child and check out the scene! If you are not needed as a chaperone, feel free to hang out outside or in the reception areas and chat with other parents during the event.
- No outside food or drink: We will serve popcorn, chips, cupcakes, lemonade, and water. No outside food or drink is allowed.
- IMPORTANT: This is an Exploris 6-8th grade event only, so we cannot allow students to bring non-Exploris friends to the dance.
A huge thank-you to all of the parents who have already signed up to chaperone. We really appreciate it.
Carrie Kressmann and the PTO Dance Committee