Get your dancing shoes ready because it is time for our annual middle school dance!! This year our middle school dance will be held at the City of Raleigh Museum on Friday, May 12 from 7pm-9pm. The CORM is located at 220 Fayetteville Street in Downtown Raleigh. You will be able to drop your student off at the front entrance and then go out and have a nice evening in downtown! Parents will not be allowed to attend the event. Middle School Students only! We have limited space available and we want to reserve that for all of our students.
The CORM has provided parking directions for those of you who would like to grab a bite to eat/drink in the area while we entertain your student. The parking garage cost $5.
You can order your tickets in advance for only $8. Please add your child’s name to the order. You can also pay at the door for $10.
- $8 in advance, $10 cash at the door.
Buy your tickets now! (Names will go on a list and students can check in at the dance.)
Photos and Phones:
- No cell phone policy – Cell phones must be checked in at the registration table and will be returned after the dance
- PLEASE label your cell phone (with a piece of paper/tape/rubber band) with your name and grade.
- There will be a photo booth for free event souvenirs.
Exploris Middle School Dance FAQs
The 2023 Exploris Middle School Dance is coming up on Friday, May 12. Please read this info!
- Will elementary kids be there during the event? No, this is a middle school event only. In addition, while we appreciate (and need!) parents chaperoning, we ask that younger siblings not accompany you while chaperoning.
- What type of music will be played? Popular, “radio-version” music (including student requests) will be played by the DJ, who has a lot of school dance experience. He knows that inappropriate music should not be played.
- Is there a dress code? Casual, appropriate clothing. Some students dress up and others wear their regular clothes. The dance floor will be outside so please consider the temperature.
- What about cell phones? Students can bring phones but they must check them in at the door, and then they can pick them up before they leave. This is how Exploris has always handled cell phones at dances and the system has worked well. A parent volunteer will be guarding the phones during the dance. If a student must use their phone to text or call a parent during the dance, they can do that. Before the dance, PLEASE label your cell phone (with a piece of paper/tape/rubber band) with your name and grade.
- IMPORTANT: This is an Exploris 6-8th grade event only, so we cannot allow students to bring non-Exploris friends to the dance.
Carrie Kressmann and the PTO Dance Committee
You must be logged in to post a comment.