Back to School is a busy time. This year many things will be different with the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to this back to school checklist for suggestions of things to do!
More information is also posted on the Reopening Information Page.
2020-21 Back to School Checklist
The first day of school is rapidly approaching and our teachers, staff, and leadership team have been hard at work preparing.
1. Please complete the Technology Survey one time for each student you have at Exploris.
2. Purchase School Supplies Here are the school supply lists. Thank you for your patience as we revised them to reflect the 100% remote learning environment for Plan C.
3. Read the handbook. The first day of school is August 19th. We have created a Family Handbook for Remote Learning which includes information such as schedules, attendance, and important dates. You can also watch a movie about the handbook. Both are attached to this email.
4. You are invited to our Drive Through Meet the Teacher Event:
- When: August 17th from 4pm – 6pm
- Where: Elementary Campus parking circle
- What: Meet your crew teacher and receive any supplies you might need to start the year
*Note: Please turn right off Swain Street to enter the parking lot. Enter Swain Street by turning right off of Hargett Street.
5. Fill out the Family Map and Directory form.
The Exploris Family Map and School Directory form is now open. We hope families will opt-in to have their contact information listed on the map and/or the directory. These two resources are managed by the PTO and provide ways for Exploris families to connect, form carpools, study groups, playgroups, etc.
6. New families, please complete any forms from the Exploris School. If you have have questions about school forms please email Koren at firstname.lastname@example.org. Student forms are completed online through a program called SchoolMint.
Click on the “+ Google Calendar” icon in the lower right hand corner to add it.
8. Follow the PTO blog. Enter your email address in the signup box on the homepage of this site. The PTO publishes a weekly update called the “Monday Minute” and this is how you sign up to receive it in your email.
9. Follow your class blog. This is important! Contact your crew teacher if the site is not listed or if they are setting up a new page for 20-21.
10. Join the Exploris Parents’ Group on Facebook. This page was created by an Exploris parent and is a closed group where Exploris parents can ask questions and share ideas. It is not an official Exploris or Exploris PTO group. Please note that it may take a while for new families to be approved over by the admins.
11. Follow PTO and Exploris School social media channels: