This year is an unprecedented year and relationships and connection are even more important as our children embark on virtual learning this fall. In the past PTO has asked for crew parents to assist with the following things.
- Organizing parent volunteers as needed through sign-up genius
- Coordination and creation of birthday baskets for teachers/staff
- Teacher stash/treats rotation schedule
- Sample sign-up genius for snack stash rotation
This year we would like to change a few things to adjust for virtual learning.
20-21 Grade Level Parent/Guardian Liaisons: Find innovative and creative ways to connect grade level parents/guardians and provide some thanks and support to our staff during these difficult times. We know everyone has a lot on their plate right now so we are all for a group of parents/guardians coming together to take on this role and share responsibility.
- A space or time virtually for grade level parents/guardians to connect with one another and continue to build relationships. This could be a Zoom session, a virtual parent bulletin board, anyway parents can feel more connected with one another.
- A space or time virtually for grade level students to connect with one another and continue to build relationships. Although a lot of our students connect outside of school we have a lot of new families or students who are not as able to connect outside of school. How could we find a way for our students to continue to live out the core value of relationships outside of school.
- Find a creative way to put together a birthday gift basket for grade level teachers/teaching partners. You can collect money from other parents/guardians- e-gift cards might be easier during this time..or drop off at the school.
- Teacher stash and treats might be a little harder at this time, but we could maybe do a monthly care package for the grade level teachers to include various snacks, etc.
When we do go back to school physically we will start out in Plan B. Needs will change a bit so we will want to add some of the previous responsibilities as well
- Organize parent volunteers as needed (SignUp Genius is great!)
- Ongoing classroom needs
- PTO Projects (Art By Me, Auction, etc)
- Field Trips
- Special Events
- Teacher treats/snacks/coffee, etc
Thank you for your interest in being a Grade Level Parent/Guardian Liaison this year! We hope you will make this what you can and want, but wanted to lay out a few potential ideas/guidelines to get you started. Your partnership with the other parent/guardian liaisons and teachers for your grade is key, and you can do as much or as little as you can handle! Just remember, you don’t have to do it all! Your fellow parents/guardians are happy to help!
If you would like to get involved, please email Parent Volunteer Coordinator Michelle Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org