Exploris is partnering with My Hot Lunchbox to provide a secure, fast, and easy-to-use online ordering system that allows parents to view the lunch menu, order, prepay and manage student lunches on the web. You may add, edit, or cancel lunches up to two days in advance. Although this is the same process we are using for the middle school, this is where the similarities stop.
Optional lunch service for the elementary school begins the week of October 3 and will be offered five days per week. Parents may purchase lunch service for any number of days.
There is a vegetarian and non-vegetarian entree offered each day, which also includes a vegetable and fruit. Some meals are gluten-free or dairy-free as well. (After you click on “order” for a particular day, use your mouse to “fly-over” the menu item for a complete description.) Parents are able to choose a “regular” or “large” portion so that servings can scale from kindergarten to 5th grade. Menus are provided online and repeat weekly; we plan to add more selection after we have everything running smoothly.
We are striving to offer healthy, farm-to-table meals, while exposing the children to a variety of food. This will be balanced with offering food that kids will like. High quality, fresh food cost more and we are working on providing the most value for your money. Over time, these options will grow and expand to the middle school.
WHAT IF I ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL?
Families will need separate accounts for each location. Middle school families who also want to participate in the elementary school lunch program will need to follow the “Registration and Account Setup” directions below. You will need to create a new user name. To keep it simple, you may want to use the same user name you setup for the middle school, but append it with ES for elementary school. (EXAMPLE: SUSANBROWN becomes SUSANBROWN_ES). Good news – the password can be the same!
HOW DOES ORDERING WORK?
If you would like an overview of how to place your online order, please watch this 3 minute video: http://www.myhotlunchbox.com/ordering-demo (It may save you time in the long run!) If you prefer to just figure it out on your own, please proceed to the next step.
REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT SETUP
- Go to http://www.myhotlunchbox.com
- Click on “Order Now” at the top
- Click “Create a New Account” for Schools
- School Code is: EXP41
- Complete the steps to create your family account
- Order and be sure to Check Out (this is where the video mentioned above helps out!)
For future reference, you may want to bookmark the lunch sign in page. Also, a link for ordering lunches can be found on the PTO Blog.
TEACHER AND STAFF MEMBER DISCOUNT
If you are a Teacher or Staff member ordering for yourself, please email email@example.com after you have registered, but before adding items to your cart and placing your order in order to receive your discount.
The program accepts payment by Debit Card or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
- If you are ordering for more than one student, please be sure to add all items for your student(s) into the shopping cart beforechecking-out.
- Be sure to proceed to checkout and process your payment. Orders that are left in the shopping cart will NOT be processed and your student(s) will not be included in the lunch service.
- Once your payment is processed, you will be able to add, edit or cancel any order up to 48 hours prior to the delivery day.
- You do NOT have to order for the entire month or two at one time, however there is a $10 minimum order (or a $1 processing fee will be applied).
BE SURE TO GET EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
Make sure you have a valid email address in your profile to receive notifications including ordering reminders, important communication, confirmations, password resets AND add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
For technical problems or questions regarding food, including allergy information, or policy, including missed/late orders, credits, and changes/cancellations, please email email@example.com or call (888) 894-8295.
For Exploris lunch specific questions, please contact Cheryl Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org.