The PTO has been asked by the Exploris Board to take a more active role in planning social events for Exploris families. We have a lot of amazing kids and really interesting parents, and we want to organize a lot of events where we can get together and have fun.
We want to not only host big events like the Adult Social, but smaller events like
- Game Nights
- Special tours at the Art Museum
- Special Tours at the Natural History Museum
- Durham Bulls games
- Gardening at the Elementary
- Camping Trips with Bird Watching
- Trips to Carowinds and the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte
- Field Day
- Rock Climbing
- Events with kids and without
- and whatever else you can come up with!
We want a variety of activities offered at a lot of different times so that all Exploris families have a chance to participate in something they are interested in.
Events don’t happen by themselves, so we need elementary and middle school parents to be part of the Social Committee to help brainstorm and plan activities. I hope to have enough people volunteer so we can assign one event per person (or group, depending on the complexity of the activity).
Interested in learning more? Email Khristi. We are going to start planning next week!