Would you like to be the next PTO President?
We will be needing a new PTO President for the 2017-2018 school year, as the current President, Brooke Somers, will be completing her term. We are looking for a volunteer to follow in Brooke’s footsteps and take on this role. Here are some of the things the President does:
- Preside at all meetings and determine the agendas
- Attend all the Exploris School Board Meetings (or designate a board member volunteer to do so) and maintain communication between the School Board and PTO Board
- Is the official spokesperson for the PTO and depository for all official documents
- Has the power to appoint chairpersons, and may designate the power & responsibilities of committees, and fills vacancies on the Board of Directors as needed
- Helps coordinate activities with school organizations as appropriate
The PTO President is supported by the PTO Board of Directors, the Committee Chairpersons, school volunteers, and the school staff. It is a rewarding position, and one that is necessary for the PTO to function.
We need someone to step out of their “comfort zone” and take on this role. Think about how your kids are required on a daily basis at Exploris to extend themselves and do things they may be a bit afraid to do. This would be a great way for you to “grow” and do something wonderful for the school, teachers, and the school community. The “President-elect” will be fully supported by Brooke Somers and the rest of the PTO Board, along with all of the chairpersons and volunteers that help support the PTO and its activities.
Please consider taking on this role.
If you are interested, please contact Brooke Somers for details and answers to any questions you may have. We can’t wait to introduce you!