Reminders and volunteer requests from the Exploris PTO for the week of August 27:
- PTO Meeting this Friday, August 31- join us!
- Spirit Wear- order now
- Building and Grounds Volunteers?
- Crew Parents Needed
- Explorations begins Friday
- Cross Country- help needed
- Basketball Coaches needed!
- Picnic- thank you
1. Get involved with the Exploris PTO this year! Please join us for our first meeting on Friday, August 31, 11:30am at Tobbaco Road. We’ll have lunch, introduce the PTO board and committees, and discuss upcoming events. Meet some Exploris parents and teachers and learn how you can get involved as we support our great school. Please RSVP on facebook so we can give the restaurant an estimated headcount.
We will meet at Tobacco Road, located on Jones Street close to the middle school. Please arrive at 11:30 so you can join the group in the upstairs dining room and order your lunch! We’ll start the meeting with introductions at 11:45.
Can’t attend at lunch? We will alternate lunch hour and evening PTO meetings this year in an effort to accommodate diverse schedules. If you can’t attend meetings and still want to participate, no worries- please just get in touch! We welcome any member of the Exploris community to get involved, and there are plenty of volunteer opportunities outside of school hours.
2. Spirit Wear! We have great new Tshirts, water bottles, cinch bags, hats, and more available on the Exploris PTO Square Store. Don’t forget to check out the spirit wear at this link https://squareup.com/store/exploris-school-pto/
The LAST day to order is September 10th.
Note: we will deliver orders to crew teachers. Please print and turn in an order form to the school (even if you pay online) so we know where to send things.
3. Can you lend a hand? My name is Annie and I am the VP of Buildings and Grounds again this year. I have included the Sign-Up Genius for those interested in joining a subcommittee to assist with any needs that may arise at either/both campuses. Please read the information at the top of the sign up as it has brief descriptions of the types of tasks each group would be assisting with. If that doesn’t answer all of your questions/concerns, please feel free to reach out to me and we will figure it out! I’m looking forward to working with you this year to facilitate a comfortable, safe, and effective learning environment for our kids. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4aada822a2fa7-building2
4. Crew Parents Needed: At Exploris, we call classes “Crews”, and each crew needs a Crew Parent that can help the teachers! Ideally the crew parent is someone who might be able to regularly volunteer in the classroom (filing, reading buddy, copying, hallway displays, etc) or assist on field experiences. Additionally, you would coordinate with other parents for these needs. You may want to check with your crew teacher to see if they have other specific ideas for this year’s crew parent.
5. Explorations! Elementary Exploration classes begin this Friday, August 31! Thanks to everyone who will be teaching this session. Look for volunteer signups- volunteers are needed every Friday morning from 9-11am for Explorations! Parents, you should have received several emails from Jamie Butler last week. Please be sure you have signed up your child for an Exploration class here.
Contact Jamie Butler firstname.lastname@example.org or Eugene Wheeler email@example.com if you have questions about Explorations.
6. Cross Country- help needed! We have over 50 Exploris Middle School runners and only 3 adults to lead a run on Tuesday. Please sign up to help. You don’t have to be a runner, we have options for those that want to chaperone! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b49a9a928a46-runwith
7. Basketball Coaches Needed! Are there any parents, friends, or other people you know who might be interested in coaching a brand new Exploris middle school basketball team? Maybe you know some local college students who would be interested? We’ll have a boys team and a girls team. We’ve got everything else figured out (I think) but we need to find coaches! Contact Kristi if you can help: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The Exploris Picnic was a big success! Thank you Lisa Glass (and other volunteers) for hosting such a great event on August 26. The weather and turn out were both fantastic! It was great to see so many Exploris families and faculty members at Pullen Park.
Thanks for reading our first “Monday Minute”! We hope to publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year. If you would like to include information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com by 8pm Sunday evening.