Announcements for the week of October 8
- PTO Meeting & Social -October 8
- Time to turn in your Boxtops
- Dine-in nights- coming soon!
- Volunteer Needs
- Art by Me kicks off this week
- Hurricane Relief Drive
- Yam Jam
- Upcoming Events
1. Join us tonight! PTO Meeting and Social Time
The next PTO meeting will be held in the media center at Exploris Middle School on Monday, October 8 at 6:30pm.
Agenda topics include an overview of our fall fundraiser, volunteer needs, and a treasurers report.
Then after the meeting, we’ll head over to the Morgan Street Food Hall for drinks, food, and socializing. Please join us to meet fellow Exploris parents and to get involved with the Exploris PTO. RSVP Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2196425800681690/
2. Turn in your Boxtops by October 22!
It’s that time of year again. BOX TOP submission time is right around the corner – November 1st! If you’ve been clipping and saving, now is the time to send them in. If you haven’t been clipping and saving, what are you waiting for?! 🙂 This is an easy way to help earn money for Exploris. Please grab your scissors, start clipping, and send them in. Those little things really do add up!
To help Gina with the Boxtops, feel free to print out a collection sheet, then trim and tape your Boxtops to it. This is a great kid activity, too! Printable sheets here: https://www.boxtops4education.com/about/collection-sheets
If you don’t have time to use a collection sheet just turn in the boxtops to the front office at either school campus by Monday, October 22. Thanks!
3. Dine-In Fundraising Nights – Weekly Fundraising Nights at local restaurants are coming! Watch for dates and restaurants in future Monday Minutes! If your favorite restaurant offers Fundraising Nights, please let Allie Lindahl know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are being mindful to have options in many areas of Wake County, not just Downtown!
4. Volunteer Needs – Please contact Allie at email@example.com if you are able to help with any of the needs below.
- Crew Parents – 5th Grade, 6th Grade
- Teacher Appreciation Coordinator
- Middle School Lunches
5. Elementary students will be creating their Art By Me pieces this week! Please sign up to help in the classroom to help this great fundraiser succeed! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094FAEAA23ABFE3-artbyme
The Exploris PTO is excited to kick off this Fall Fundraiser that will showcase your child’s art. We are partnering with the company Art by Me to feature the work of Exploris students on a variety of products. These will make great gifts! See all of the great products that they offer in the shop:https://www.artbyme.com/Shop/Product-List
This will be a school wide fundraiser for the Exploris PTO including all grades K-8. The products purchased will arrive before Winter Break! The profits will enable the PTO to continue providing all of the great services they offer to our school and teachers.
6. Exploris School Hurricane Relief Drive:
- Bottled Water
- Gently Used or New Clothing (adults and children)
- Clorox Wipes
- Diapers & Infant Supplies
7. Yam Jam opportunity:
The annual Yam Jam takes place throughout October. If a group from Exploris wants to go together, this is a fantastic volunteer opportunity and very fun. Follow the link below to register and for more info.
8. Upcoming Events
PTO Meeting @MS 6:30
October 8 – 12
Bullying Prevention Week
Parent University- High School Planning
Last day for Hurricane Relief collections
Early Dismissal for Students
Boxtops for Education – submission deadline
National Mix It Up Lunch
Middle School Electives Start
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We plan to publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year. If you would like to include information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm Sunday evening.