- Winter Thanks- due December 10
- Middle School Dance- thank you!
- Soccer – forms due December 11
- 8th Grade UDHO Presentation- December 11
- No Kid Hungry at Exploris
- Food Bank Donations deadline- December 12
- Upcoming Events
1. Winter Thanks contributions due December 10
We are so grateful for our teachers and staff and the
great role they play in our children’s lives every day.
This time of year we have an opportunity to show our
appreciation by donating to the Teacher Winter
Thanks. Exploris PTO coordinates this schoolwide
teacher gift campaign in December before the Winter Break, and again in June before the end of school. #nomoremugs
To participate, you can simply send in a check (or cash) to the PTO, or donate by credit card ONLINE. This will then be divided among the teachers and staff before the winter break. For more information visit our FAQ page.
2. Middle School Dance- thanks!
Thank you to Penny Lettie and all of the parent and teacher volunteers who made the December 6 Middle School Dance such a fun success! This was our biggest dance ever (176 students…highest previously 120) and the Salvation Army Angel Tree donations were amazing. We are close to filling 100 stockings, and will be working with the 8th graders to fill the stockings. 🎄
Please see the parent Facebook group for the link/password to the winter dance photo booth gallery!
3. XL Soccer Indoor League Information here!
If your middle school students want to be part of the fun, please complete the form below. The cost is $90 per child, plus the XL individual annual registration fee – which I think is about $25. Season runs Jan 5 through Feb 23. Please complete the form linked below and submit payment by Wednesday, Dec 11.
Registration/Survey Form: https://forms.gle/qGPodLtiPJiu84MK6
4. The annual 8th grade presentation of the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights- December 11
This is the 22nd year for students of Wake County to study and learn and commit to a world where human rights are respected and pursued, and the 18th year for Exploris to join the public celebration.
Wednesday, December 11
North Carolina Department of Transportation auditorium
1 South Wilmington Street (Wilmington and Morgan Streets)
Ms. Lisa Yanke will be our speaker. She is the Director of Communications for Go Global North Carolina, an organization for global engagement and competitiveness with ties to the the Research Triangle Institute.
Student dress is professional!
Parents and community members are invited.
5. No Kid Hungry at Exploris
- Tuesday, December 10- Winter Thanks contributions due
- Wednesday, December 11- 8th Grade UDHO Presentations
- Friday, December 20 – Early Dismissal
- Winter Break – Friday Dec 20 (12:15pm) – Monday, Jan 6 (8am)
The 2019-20 Exploris Google Calendar and PTO Calendar links are here: https://explorispto.org/about/calendar/
Thanks for reading the Monday Minute! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton by 9pm Sunday at firstname.lastname@example.org