Thanks for reading the Monday Minute. To submit articles please sent them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm on Sunday.
- Art by Me
- Vote twice this week!
- PTO Meeting this Thursday, Nov. 5
- Spirit Wear coming soon!
- We need YOU for the PTO Board
- Yearbook Photos Needed
- Exploris School Directory
- Note from the PTO President
- Upcoming Events
- Annual Fund- donate now!
1. Art By Me – pick up your paper this week!
It’s time again for our annual Art By Me fundraiser! This year’s theme is “Quarantine Comforts”. We want to see all the great things that are providing you comfort these days…Favorite teddy, dreams of a beach vacation…hot chocolate. Even though our distributor has been experiencing some delays, all artwork received by November 10 will be ready for the holidays! We will be handing out the special paper for students to create their artwork on this week. Pick up boxes will be available at noon on Monday 11/2 at the elementary school, with additional pick up times Thursday 11/5 and Friday 11/6 at the elementary from 5-6pm. Email us if you can’t make it and we will find a time for you to get your materials. If you can’t finish your masterpiece by the 10th, no worries, we will have another drop off for order to be filled in January. Learn more about Art By Me products here.
2. PLEASE VOTE TWICE this week- Vote for EXPLORIS after you vote at the polls!
You may have missed it with that other election going on, but Exploris has been named a finalist in this year’s WRAL Voter’s Choice Awards for best middle school! Angelean Hendrix says, “I may be biased, but I’ve known there was no other place I wanted my child to go to school, and this past year has proven the commitment, talent, resourcefulness and commitment of each and every staff member and teacher at this school. We are the best because of the dedication and support of our parents, and our amazing teachers, so please VOTE, have your voice heard. Every election, every ballot counts. I’ll even make it easy on you…click below!”
3. PTO meeting is this Thursday, November 5th at 6pm on Zoom.
Every parent, every teacher, every board and staff member are not only welcomed but a joy to have and our attendance this year goes up every month. Thank you for all of you who have taken the time to call in and support all we do.
This month we will be deciding on some exciting initiatives. With the help and support of the Foundation, we will be able to focus on impacting many of the school needs we haven’t been able to before and as the Parent/Teacher Organization we need and want everyone’s input.
If you can’t make it, keep tuned to our Monday Minute and follow our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages for updates!
4. Spirit wear, spirit wear! Many of you have been asking for spirit wear and we aim to please. The process has just taken a little longer than usual. Don’t fret, the PTO wants each and every member of our Exploris family to be able to wear/display their Exploris school pride wherever and whenever they go. Keep your eyes peeled in the next couple of weeks as our awesome PTO volunteers iron out some technical difficulties in the ordering process so you can get all the swag you need.
5. We need YOU for the PTO Board!
Speaking of our great PTO board….we remain in search of a VP of Volunteers and a President elect.
Currently our VP positions are only a 2 year commitment. The president elect is a one-year commitment followed by a year leading the PTO. Please reach out to any of the boards members, or Angelean at email@example.com if you or anyone you know would be interested in being a part of this great organization. We are also looking for a search committee of at least 3 parents and or teachers, who can help us this spring to fill next year’s open board positions.
6. Yearbook Photos Needed!
This week, Yearbook is creating pages about Covid! Click here to fill in a google form to upload pictures and answer a few short questions about how your family is coping with Covid. Please fill in the form by Friday, November 6! Miss the spirit week, pet photos, digital learning, summer or fall photo drop? You can always submit those and general photos to this link.
7. The Exploris School Directory is online. Please opt in.
1) Fill out the Form: Map and Directory Form
2) Use the directory: *Protected: Exploris School Directory
8. Note from the PTO President:
I want to say thank you for all the teachers, staff and LT who have been
putting in countless hours, over the summer, weekends and evenings to make sure everyone of our students and family members are as protected during this pandemic and that our children are still receiving the best education they can possibly get. I have firsthand witnessed the dedication and thoroughness put into every decision and have complete faith in you. Your hard work and effort mean the world to us. I can not say THANK YOU enough.
Here’s hoping everyone has a safe and happy 1st week of November. Go Exploris!
2020-2021 Exploris PTO President
9. UPCOMING EVENTS
- Wednesday, Nov. 11 – Veterans Day – Holiday
- Friday, November 20 – End of First Trimester
- Monday, November 23 – Tuesday November 24 – Teacher Workdays
- Friday, Nov 20 (3:15pm)- Monday, Nov 30 (8am) – Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 18 – Early Dismissal
- Friday Dec 18 (12:15pm) – Monday, Jan 4 (8am) – Winter Break
- Monday, Jan 18 – MLK Holiday
- Monday, February 15 – Teacher Workday – Conferences
- Friday, February 19 – Teacher Workday – Professional Development
- Thursday, March 11 – End of Second Trimester
10. The Exploris Annual Fund drive has started! Please contribute
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”- the Exploris PTO blog post.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm Sunday.