Please join us on Wednesday, August 18 for the first general PTO meeting of the 2021-22 School Year. We’ll hear an Exploris School Update from our directors, introduce the PTO board, present and vote on our budget, learn about upcoming events, and hear a brief presentation from a Wake County PTA representative. The meeting will last one hour on Zoom. Everyone in the Exploris community is invited! Here’s the Zoom link:
PTO Meeting – TONIGHT at 6:30! Join us
When: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Welcome 7:30pm
- Review Agenda
- Exploris School Update and News
- Introduction of PTO Board of Directors
- Committee Reports and Announcements
- Introduction of Budget
- Budget Discussion and Vote
- PTO or PTA? Let’s consider!
- Adjourn 8:30pm
Let’s celebrate the first week of school!
Flower Friday! Bring flowers for your teachers on August 20 To reaffirm our Connections to Nature and to kick off the school year on the right foot, the Exploris PTO needs your help! We are hoping for your child to bring in flowers for their teacher and/or a staff member on Friday, August 20th. Just one or two flowers will be enough! They can be flowers picked in the backyard, found on a walk, picked at the park, bought from a store, just ask your neighbor before you pick from their yard!
The PTO will collect the flowers in bins at each campus, and then arrange them into vases for each faculty member. They will end up with a beautiful bouquet, full of color and love!
Let’s show our support for the entire Exploris Staff!
Popsicles in the Park- Sunday, August 22, 5:00-6:30pm at Chavis Park. We hope all Exploris families will be able to join us outside on Sunday. Please remember to keep 6 feet apart while you socialize. Masks are encouraged. We will have hand sanitizer available and volunteers will hand out the popsicles. Please bring your own water bottles/drinks. There will be Exploris tshirts, water bottles, and magnets for sale, too! Cash, credit, or Venmo.
We will have a short announcement time so you can meet the school directors and faculty. We will also have a raffle and a few fun activities! Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Welcome Back !
Thanks to everyone who contributed photos to our first day of school photo album! It’s so great to see all of these smiling faces. Over 60 pictures have been added to our album on Facebook! We will add more photos, just post in the comments, DM or tag #ExplorisPTO
First Day of School at Exploris- Photo Album!
Sign up for the EXPLORIS FAMILY CARPOOL MAP!
Each summer, Exploris PTO volunteers help families connect by posting the Exploris Family Carpool Map. Whether you need a daily carpool, occasional rides, or just want to connect with families that live near you, we hope you’ll opt-in to this map. We’ll keep it updated for about six weeks so everyone will have time to get carpools lined up.
Please fill out this form to get on the map:
- Password Protected: The Family Map and the School Directory will be posted on password protected pages on the PTO website. You will be emailed the password once your information has been added. Please do not share the passwords publicly.
- Get on the Map! Even if you’re not sure if you will be carpooling, please fill out the form. Your address will be on the map, making it easier to find Exploris families in your neighborhood.
The Map will be updated daily as more people fill out the form.
Feel free to email Dana and Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thanks!
Back to School/First Trimester Dates!
- August 18: PTO General Meeting (on Zoom)
- August 20: Flower Friday- bring flowers for your teachers
- August 22: Popsicles in the Park (5-6:30pm, Chavis Park)
- September 6 & 7: Holidays/No School (Labor Day, Rosh Hashanah)
- September 13: Flex Day (details TBA)
- September 16: Holiday/No School (Yom Kippur)
- October 4-8: Fall Break/No School
- October 22: Teacher Workday: Parent Conferences
- November 11: Holiday/No School (Veteran’s Day)
- November 12: Flex Day (details TBA)
- November 19: End of Trimester 1
View the 2021-22 school calendar and Google Calendar here: https://explorispto.org/calendar/
Thanks for reading the Exploris PTO blog. Please follow our website to receive emails from the PTO. http://explorispto.org
Please follow the Exploris PTO on social media, too. We are active on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Welcome Back! First Day of School at Exploris- Photo Album