Updates in this Email:
- Pie Day this Thursday- ten more pies needed!
- PTO Board Meeting Wednesday
- Pint Night! Exploris Adult Social- November 30
- School Updates
- Snack Stash
- Thursday/Friday Elementary Campus Organizational Helpers Needed!
- Staff Birthdays
Show your appreciation this THURSDAY by donating a home baked or store bought pie for our amazing Exploris Teachers and Staff!!
We need TEN more pies as of 11/15. Please sign up so no one will be left out. Thanks!
A list of all Staff members are below, including their allergies. Please conisder signing up for an individual and sending them off on their Thanksgiving Break with a pie to eat.
All pies need to be dropped off at either school on Thursday, November 18th. You can label the pie and drop it off at the front desk, or make arrangements to hand deliver it to your teacher.
Sign up here:
Agenda for November 17:
Welcome/Agenda 6:30pm -Dana
Exploris Director and School Board Update – Josh (5)
President’s Report- Dana (10)
–November 30 Adult Social at LBC
Treasurer Report – Alex (5)
–Winter Thanks teacher gift pool- Tammie and Alex (5)
Foundation Report and Furniture discussion – Richard (10)
Angel Tree – Angela and Brooke (5)
Events: Fall Festival recap, possible movie night, spring dance – Carrie (10)
Any other business
Adjourn by 7:30pm
PTO Executive Board, November 2021:
THE EXPLORIS ANNUAL FUND DRIVE IS UNDERWAY!
DONATE HERE: https://exploris.kindful.com/
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND JOIN US ON NOVEMBER 30- Giving Tuesday!
EXPLORIS SOCIAL AT LYNNWOOD BREWING CONCERN
Updates from Exploris Admin:
- Yearbooks are on sale now! Buy early for the lowest prices of the year! Buy Your Yearbook at Jostens
- Nov. 3rd was a Family Information night for transitioning to high school. The meeting recording can be viewed here using the passcode cp%V@BD4 and the slide deck with links can be viewed here
- Pending Board approval, Friday December 17th will be modified from an early release day to a full vacation day.
- The 7th grade is collecting food for the Raleigh Rescue Mission. Donations will be delivered on Friday, November 19th. Contact Leah P (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Exploris School Volunteer Form/Survey: In an effort to update our Volunteer Processes, we are sending out the following form linked here. We’re hoping that gathering this information will help us to create an active volunteer pool here at The Exploris School that includes appropriate training, background checks and streamline communication. Our volunteers are able to experience firsthand our school environment and enrich our school community with their ideas, interests, talents and resources. We rely heavily on the help of Exploris families to do all that we do. We would love to partner with you to build community and enriching experiences for our students!
Ultimate Frisbee: We are pleased to announce the Exploris Ultimate Team is reorganizing for a winter season. Ultimate is a fast-paced game that brings elements of basketball, football, and soccer together with the best kind of ball you will ever throw–a flatball! It is a non-contact sport that is played on a field (usually outdoors), and involves running, catching, and throwing for everyone on the field. We are having an organizational meeting after school on Wednesday 11/17 in Room 8S, Exploris Middle School (masks are required indoors). The team is open to all students, and students and parents are welcome to come to the organizational meeting. Our goal will be two practices a week (tentatively Monday and Wednesday afternoons, 3:30-5:00 at the Legislative Fields in Downtown), and games or scrimmages on the weekends. For more information, please contact Michael Reiskind, who will be serving as coach/advisor for this season: email@example.com, ph: 734-996-9692.
Hi Exploris Parents,
In an effort to streamline the donations for the Teacher Snack Stash, the PTO would like to change the format. Each grade will be in charge of bringing the same items all year. Please consider donating an item listed below for the teachers to stay properly fueled and hydrated throughout the day!
Drop off days will be on the 10th of every month.
The Elementary School is nut free.
- Kindergarten – Popcorn: microwavable, packaged, any kind
- 1st Grade – Bubbly water: any brand, any flavo
- 2nd Grade – Snacks: pretzels, crackers, trail mix
- 3rd Grade – Snacks: cheese sticks, chips, individual oatmeal packets
- 4th grade – Protein/Granola bars: any flavor, any brand
- 5th grade – Sodas: regular and diet
- 6th grade – Protein bars: any brand, any flavor
- 7th grade – Snack items: popcorn, trail mix, crackers, pretzels, chips, almonds
- 8th grade – Bubbly Water or Soda: any brand, any flavor
Thank you in advance,
The Exploris PTO
Thursday/Friday Elementary Campus Organizational Helpers Needed!
Thank you to those parents who have been helping to clean and organize the Elementary campus’s shared spaces.
Exploris Elementary is looking for a few more volunteers to come in on Thursdays and Fridays to help organize, clean and decorate some of their flex spaces (teacher workrooms, EC room, closets). It is in an effort to make more room and less clutter in the entire building. If you have a few hours on Thursday or Fridays, and love helping organize, this is a great volunteer opportunity for you!
If you have time and would like to help, please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084fa5a62ca1f94-friday
Important Dates (Exploris CALENDAR):
- Wednesday, November 17- PTO Board Meeting, 6:30pm on Zoom ,see Slack for link
- Friday, November 19 – End of First Trimester
- Monday, November 22 – Tuesday November 23 – Teacher Workday
- Friday, Nov 19 (3:15pm)- Monday, Nov 29 (8am) – Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, November 30- Exploris Adult Social at Lynnwood Brewing, 5-6pm
- Friday, December 17 – Early Dismissal
- Winter Break – Friday Dec 17 (12:15pm) – Tuesday, Jan 4 (8am)
November Exploris Staff Birthdays!
- 11/9 – Lyndsey Anderson (2nd grade teaching partner)
- 11/19 – Jen Christian (Kindergarten teacher)
- 11/3 – Kelly Fauth (EC teacher and testing coordinator)
- 11/14 – Dorsey McMillan (3rd grade teaching partner)
- 11/13- Tom Simmons (5th grade teacher)
- 11/21 – Leah Perry-Lawless (7th grade teacher)
If you would like to submit information for a PTO blog post, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!