Volunteers Needed on Fridays!
We are looking for a few specific volunteers for Friday Enrichment in January at the elementary school. Not sure what Enrichment is? Click this link for more information! https://docs.google.com/…/1l3eEU8folQELoexvl7XOw…/edit
We need a few more parents who are willing to be put on a “sub list” for any of the time slots (10:10-11:30, 12:00-1:20, 1:40-3:00)
If you would like to teach a class, please let us know! We can accommodate this as well. We can help you figure out a class plan or you can use your expertise to make one on your own. We would love for you to join us. Please reach out to Callie and Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are available and able!
Thursday Volunteers – parents, if you have time on Thursday mornings to help out at the ES for various tasks, check out the signup genius here! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084fa5a62ca1f94-friday
Thank You to all Exploris Families who contributed to the 2nd Annual Exploris Angel Tree. Your generosity really helped to make the holidays a little brighter for many of our Exploris kids. The PTO really appreciates those who were able to contribute.
Updates from Admin:
- Buy your yearbook today at Yearbook at Jostens.
- Deadline for personal tribute ads for yearbook is MONDAY! ALL families are invited to purchase an ad to honor/thank their scholar, their teachers, etc. Go to Yearbook at Jostens for the easy process to upload pictures and design your ad!
- Dear Exploris Families, our best advertisement is YOU! Please share with your networks and any interested families this information about Exploris’s open houses and lottery: Looking for a free, public k-8 school with a hands-on approach, strong academics, values of social & environmental justice, and firm belief that kids can change the world? Check out www.Exploris.org ! Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are open!
COVID UPDATE: If you are worried you may have been exposed and are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you can be tested at one of the free testing locations throughout Wake County. If you’re interested in drive-through testing, you can find more information here. You may also consult with your healthcare provider or call the Wake County COVID Hotline at 919-250-1500. Additionally, Wake County is now offering free at-home test kits. These at-home kits typically take about 3-4 days to order, administer, and receive your result.
We have created the resources below to support our community. Additionally, you can always reach out to receive support from our counseling team by emailing email@example.com.
At Exploris, our primary goal is to ensure student safety, as well as the safety of teachers, staff, and our community. Please know that we are proceeding with utmost caution; we thank you for your continued understanding, flexibility, and efforts to support this important goal.
Middle School Club Updates:
- Magic the Gathering Club will continue to meet each Monday at 3:15 in 8S. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join.
- Run Club will continue to meet Thursday at 3:15 in 6E. Please email email@example.com if you would like to join.
- The Women’s Center Volunteering Elective is looking for donations! Please check the posters in your grade level room for what you can donate! Donation boxes are located in your grade level room or on the pew by the front door. All donations must be in by Thursday Jan 6th.
Important Dates (Exploris CALENDAR):
- Monday, January 17, 2022: Martin Luther King, Jr Day – No School
- Tuesday, Jan 18 – Flex Day – Students will have asynchronous work to complete that day
- Wednesday, January 10 – PTO Board Meeting
- Wednesday, February 16 – PTO General Membership Meeting
- Friday, February 18 – Teacher Workday
- Monday, Feb 21 – Teacher Workday – Portfolio Conferences
- Thursday, March 10 – End of Second Trimester
- Friday, March 11 – Teacher Workday
- Monday March 14 – Teacher Workday
- March 16- PTO Board Meeting
- Spring Break – Friday, April 8 (3:15pm) – Tuesday, April 19 (8am)
- Monday, April 18 – Friday, April 22 – 8th Grade Outward Bound Trip
- Monday, April 18 – Teacher Workday
- Tuesday, May 3 – Eid al Fitr Holiday
- Monday, May 30- Memorial Day Holiday
- Friday, June 10 – Graduation (10:30 am), early dismissal
- 1/5 – Amanda Wittington (7th Grade Teacher)
- 1/11 – Ashley Moser (3rd Grade Teacher)
- 1/22 – Josh Corbat (Director Resources)
If you would like to submit information for a PTO blog post, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!
Thanks to everyone for coming out to the Exploris Elementary campus for our outdoor movie night on December 10! It was fun! We watched Elf and spread some Christmas cheer for all to hear.
Special thanks to #ExplorisPTO volunteers Carrie, Nic, Emily, Chad, Tammie, Ethan, Shara and Dana and everyone else who helped with the Outdoor Movie Night! And a shout out to the Rialto Theater for popping the yummy popcorn!
Should we do this again? Feedback is always appreciated.