The 8th grade class is hosting a Community Service Project for The Church of the Good Shepherd Soup Kitchen.
Collections are happening this week and your donations are appreciated helping many hungry families! We have placed boxes in the hallways outside all classrooms.
8th graders will be on hand to collect your donations during morning carpool Thursday 4/18 and Friday 4/19.
Food Items Needed
- #10 canned vegetables (green beans, mixed vegetables, collards, carrots)
*regular size cans will work but larger #10 are easier for us to open and serve more people.
- #10 canned diced tomatoes
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Spices: Black Pepper, Salt, Cumin, Garlic powder, dehydrated onion, oregano, basil
- Brown Gravy Mix
- Packaged desserts: cakes, brownies, cookies, etc.
- Condiments: Texas Pete, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Barbecue Sauce, Salad Dressing (prefer large containers of Thousand Island, Ranch, Italian or Balsamic Vinaigrette)
Needed non-food items for the kitchen
- Liquid Laundry Detergent (H.E. “High Efficiency” kind)
- Ziploc storage bags
- 409 or any multi-purpose spray cleaner
- Industrial Oven Gloves (protects up to 500º, available at United Restaurant Supply in Raleigh)
- Dish towels/hand towels (can be used, must be clean)
- Liquid hand soap
- Large plastic storage containers (66 quart tubs preferred)
- Office supplies: Stick-on nametags
Thank-you for supporting Exploris Middle School and
The Church of The Good Shepherd.
-Nick Maleki and Hannah Wells (8th Grade Team Leaders)