Announcements for the week of November 19
- Art by Me- last chance to order- Monday!
- Teacher Thanks – giving starts now
- Exploris Admissions window- open now
- New PTO Student/Parent Directory- online now!
- Middle School Dance- December 14
- Upcoming Events
1. Art by Me- Last Chance!
ART BY ME- LAST CHANCE! Did you forget to order? You are in luck, the deadline has been extended the deadline through MONDAY, November 19! Log into the Art by Me to enter your child’s number from their order form. If you lost the form, you can look up the number on the website or contact Kristin Corson and she’ll look it up for you!
THANK YOU to everyone who has supported the PTO through this fun fundraiser! Orders will arrive before the holiday break.
2. Easy and Generous Teacher Gift Giving at Exploris!
At this time of year, many students and parents like to bring in a gift for their child(ren)’s teachers. As students often have many teachers at Exploris, this can get a bit tricky! We want to thank everyone, but figuring out what to do can be daunting.If your family plans to participate in gift giving at school this year, the PTO would like to offer you the chance to contribute towards a MUCH-APPRECIATED cash gift for our teachers and staff. This collection ensures that all fifty-five teachers and staff members receive the recognition they deserve! You also have the added benefit of saving yourself time while giving the perfect gift! Our teachers and staff truly appreciate everyone’s generosity and have told us many times how much they look forward to this.To participate, you can simply send in a check (or cash) to the PTO, or donate by credit card ONLINE. This will then be divided among the teachers and staff.If you would like to participate:
- Please send in cash or a check (made payable to Exploris PTO) or make your donation ONLINE.
- Place your donation in an envelope marked “Winter Thanks” or “Teacher Gift” with your name, your child(ren)’s name(s), and grade(s). It is important to label the envelope with “Winter Thanks” or “Teacher Gift” so that it is not confused with school care, spirit wear, or field trip payments.
- Give it to Mary Margaret or Carolee (either one is fine if you have children in both schools; it is not necessary to provide separate donations per child).
- If donating ONLINE, please include in the “Notes” at checkout, your name, your child(ren)’s names(s), and grade(s).
- Complete all donations by Wednesday, December 19th.
For additional information please read our EXPLORIS THANKS FAQ’S. If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing Brooke Somers (email@example.com) or Cheryl Rodgers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Do you have friends interested in applying to The Exploris School?
The 2019-2020 application is online now! Help spread the word.
More info here: https://www.exploris.org/2019-2020-admissions/
4. New PTO Student/Parent Directory- online now!
The PTO is managing a new school directory for K-8 for those that opted in. (Form was included in the back to school packet.) There is no schoolwide directory.
The Fall 2018 PTO directory is now online! *Visit this page: https://explorispto.wordpress.com/contact-us/studentparent-directory/
If you would like to opt in to the new directory and missed the form, please contact Kimberly Harris. We’d love to include your information!
5. Middle School Dance!
The next Exploris Middle School Dance will be held on December 14, 2018. Details and volunteer needs will be posted soon! Info here:
5. Upcoming Events
- Monday Nov 19 – Mon Nov 26
- Tuesday, November 27
- return to school
- Exploris board meeting
- Wednesday, November 28
Zoe’s Kitchen Dine-in night – 4-9pm – North Hills
- Friday, November 30
PTO lunch hour meeting- details TBA
- Friday, December 14
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday. If you would like to include information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com by 8pm Sunday evening.