Announcements for the week of November 26
Winter Thanks – a great way to give!
Dine-in Night at Zoe’s Kitchen this Wednesday
Exploris PTO Meeting this Friday, lunchtime
Parent University: Equity & Diversity Conversation- December 6
Middle School Dance- December 14
Exploris Admissions window- open now
Middle School Soccer starting soon
1. Easy and Generous Teacher Gift Giving at Exploris!
At this time of year, many students and parents like to bring in a gift for their child(ren)’s teachers. As students often have many teachers at Exploris, this can get a bit tricky! We want to thank everyone, but figuring out what to do can be daunting.If your family plans to participate in gift giving at school this year, the PTO would like to offer you the chance to contribute towards a MUCH-APPRECIATED cash gift for our teachers and staff. This collection ensures that all fifty-five teachers and staff members receive the recognition they deserve! To participate, you can simply send in a check (or cash) to the PTO, or donate by credit card ONLINE. This will then be divided among the teachers and staff.If you would like to participate:
- Please send in cash or a check (made payable to Exploris PTO) or make your donation ONLINE.
- Place your donation in an envelope marked “Winter Thanks” or “Teacher Gift” with your name, your child(ren)’s name(s), and grade(s). It is important to label the envelope with “Winter Thanks” or “Teacher Gift” so that it is not confused with school care, spirit wear, or field trip payments.
- Give it to Mary Margaret or Carolee (either one is fine if you have children in both schools; it is not necessary to provide separate donations per child).
- If donating ONLINE, please include in the “Notes” at checkout, your name, your child(ren)’s names(s), and grade(s).
- Complete all donations by Wednesday, December 19th.
For additional information please read our EXPLORIS THANKS FAQ’S. If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing Brooke Somers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cheryl Rodgers (email@example.com).
2. Dine-In Fundraiser- Wednesday, November 28- Zoe’s Kitchen NH
We hope to see you at MOD Pizza on November 14. Please RSVP on our facebook page, and share with your friends!: Nov. 28 – Zoe’s Kitchen North Hills
3. Exploris PTO- this Friday! Join us!
Please join fellow parents and teachers for our November meeting on Friday, November 30, 11:30am at Tobbaco Road. Meet some Exploris parents and teachers and learn how you can get involved as we support our great school. Please RSVP on facebook so we can give the restaurant an estimated headcount.
4. December 6 – Parent University: Equity & Diversity Conversation
Do you have questions about the recently
approved weighted lottery? Are you wondering
how Exploris will continue to strengthen diversity
and improve access?
Join the Exploris Conversation
Thursday, December 6, 2018, 6:00-7:30pm
Elementary Campus @ 17 S. Swain Street
The school’s Equity and Diversity Committee invites you to a Parent University meeting to learn and engage in discussion about the school’s on-going work to support equity and diversity in our school community. The meeting will take place at the elementary school on Dec. 6 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. and will be facilitated by Adrienne Davis from the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity at NCSU.
5. Middle School Dance- December 14
The next Exploris Middle School Dance will be held on December 14, 2018. Details and volunteer needs will be posted soon! Info here:
6. Do you have friends interested in applying to The Exploris School?
The 2019-2020 application is online now! Help spread the word.
More info here: https://www.exploris.org/2019-2020-admissions/
7. Exploris Middle School Soccer starting soon!:
Please go to the following link for more information about our winter indoor soccer program. We look forward to continuing our tradition of including ALL levels of experience on our Exploris Teams! There is only one practice – just to get the feel of indoor soccer, Tuesday, December 18, 4-5pm. Then just weekly games. Our 11/12 and 13/14 games will all be Sunday afternoon! Hopefully this does not interfere with travel players. This is not a developmental program. There are NO TRYOUTS! We have elite players and beginners. We promise you all skill levels are welcomed, including zero experience. Effort and smiles are the only expectation! This program is about fitness, fun, laughter, sweat, play, leadership, compassion, and teamwork! Competition is important, and the students know the teams are carefully designed to tie one another. WHERE? XL Soccerworld WHEN? Winter II Season 2018 (January 8 – end of Feb.)
5. Upcoming Events
- Tuesday, November 27
- return to school
- Exploris board meeting
- Wednesday, November 28
Zoe’s Kitchen Dine-in night – 4-9pm – North Hills
- Friday, November 30
PTO lunch hour meeting- Tobacco Roadhouse
1:30-2:30pm 5th Grade Culminating Project for Expedition: A Historical Figures Living Museum,
- Thursday, December 6
- Friday, December 14
5th Grade Bake Sale at afternoon carpool
Middle School Dance
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday. If you would like to include information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm Sunday evening.