Announcements for the week of December 3, 2018
It’s Spirit Week!
- Parent University: Equity & Diversity Conversation- December 6
- Dine-in Night at City Barbecue this Wednesday
- Exploris Capital Campaign
- What does the PTO do?
- Middle School Dance- December 14
- Exploris Admissions window- open now
- Winter Thanks – a great way to give!
1. Spirit Week 2018! December 3-7
- Monday, December 3: PJ Day
- Tuesday, December 4: Favorite Thing Day (dress like your favorite character or sports team or book, etc)
- Wednesday, December 5: Wacky Wednesday
- Thursday, December 6: Decade Day (Dress like a certain decade of your choice!)
- Friday, December 7: Crew Day (Dress up together with a theme decided by your crew)
2. December 6 – Parent University: Equity & Diversity Conversation
Do you have questions about the recently
approved weighted lottery? Are you wondering
how Exploris will continue to strengthen diversity
and improve access?
Join the Exploris Conversation
Thursday, December 6, 2018, 6:00-7:30pm
Elementary Campus @ 17 S. Swain Street
The school’s Equity and Diversity Committee invites you to a Parent University meeting to learn and engage in discussion about the school’s on-going work to support equity and diversity in our school community. The meeting will take place at the elementary school on Dec. 6 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. and will be facilitated by Adrienne Davis from the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity at NCSU.
3. Dine-In Fundraiser- Wednesday, December 5, City Barbecue Raleigh
We hope to see you at City Barbecue this Wednesday. Please RSVP on our facebook page, and share with your friends!: Dec 5- Exploris PTO/City Barbecue Dine in Night
4. Exploris Capital Campaign
5. What does the PTO do?
7. Middle School Dance- December 14
The next Exploris Middle School Dance will be held on December 14, 2018. Info here:
Sign-up to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054baaae2c7-starry
7. The Exploris School- APPLY NOW!
The 2019-2020 application is online now! Help spread the word.
Please remember that even if you have a student at Exploris, you need to APPLY FOR SIBLINGS!
More info here: https://www.exploris.org/2019-2020-admissions/
8. Easy and Generous Teacher Gift Giving at Exploris- Mug Free!
If your family plans to participate in gift giving at school this year, the PTO would like to offer you the chance to contribute towards a MUCH-APPRECIATED cash gift for our teachers and staff. This collection ensures that all fifty-five teachers and staff members receive the recognition they deserve! To participate, you can simply send in a check (or cash) to the PTO, or donate by credit card ONLINE. This will then be divided among the teachers and staff.If you would like to participate:
- Please send in cash or a check (made payable to Exploris PTO) or make your donation ONLINE.
- Place your donation in an envelope marked “Winter Thanks” or “Teacher Gift” with your name, your child(ren)’s name(s), and grade(s). It is important to label the envelope with “Winter Thanks” or “Teacher Gift” so that it is not confused with school care, spirit wear, or field trip payments.
- Give it to Mary Margaret or Carolee (either one is fine if you have children in both schools; it is not necessary to provide separate donations per child).
- If donating ONLINE, please include in the “Notes” at checkout, your name, your child(ren)’s names(s), and grade(s).
- Complete all donations by Wednesday, December 19th.
For additional information please read our EXPLORIS THANKS FAQ’S. If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing Brooke Somers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cheryl Rodgers (email@example.com).
9. Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, December 5,
Dine-in night at City Barbecue
- Thursday, December 6
- Friday, December 14
5th Grade Bake Sale at afternoon carpool
Middle School Dance
- Wednesday, December 19
Last Day for Teacher Thanks contributions
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday. If you would like to include information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm Sunday evening.