Announcements for the week of April 8, 2019
1. Join us April 23 at Lynnwood
2. No Spicy Green this week
3. Congrats to Battle of the Books
4. Register for new Explorations today by noon
5. Parent Survey on Background Checks
6. Votes are in!
7. We really need a President Elect for the PTO Board
8. Exploris Family Day May 4
9. We’re on Twitter!
10. Upcoming Events- have a fun spring break!
*sorry, Correction: NO early release on April 12.
1. PTO Silent Auction kick off- April 23 at Lynnwood Brewing
🍻Join us on April 23! We are getting ready for our Silent Auction & Raffle and we are SO excited about some of the great items that have been donated. Join us at Lynnwood Brewing Concern, at 1053 E Whitaker Mill Rd. on April 23 for the big kickoff! Bring your family and friends and have dinner at their new (adjoining) restaurant, Wilson’s Eatery, or just stop after work for a drink in the beer garden! PLUS, $1 from each pint of beer sold goes to Exploris PTO!
The online auction will “go live” at 6pm on April 23, and will end during our Exploris Family Day on May 4.
To get ready for the auction, please take a minute to register with Bidr. You will need to have an account in order to bid on items. Go to https://bidr.co/
Here are just a few of our great items!
- One night stay at The Umstead with brunch for two at Heron’s restaurant
- Full meal chef service for 14 people from Crepe Time Chef Service
- Beautifully curated baskets from each grade level
- A week of summer camp at St. Mary’s School
- Alamo Drafthouse and Cinema- Family four-pack
- One week at a Beech Mountain vacation home
- CAM Family Membership
- TreeRunner Adventure Park Passes
- PJs and Pizza with the bunnies with the second grade teachers!
- Getaway to the Great Wolf Lodge
- Drinks at Foundation bar
- Photo booth from TAPSNAP
- Travel hammock from Sluice Hammocks
and many more gift certificates, jewelry, food, and fun items from great local merchants!!! We have over 100 items in this amazing auction. Watch our social media channels to learn more!
2. No Spicy Green this week.
Dear Elementary Families,
Our school lunch vendor has informed us that they need to suspend our lunch orders at this time. It is my understanding that their facility was processing lunch orders in excess of the quantity allowed for their facility. They are working to resolve this issue.
As a result, we are asking that all families pack lunches for their children until further notice. The school is making arrangements and will ensure that all economically disadvantaged students that were receiving a meal as part of our free and reduced lunch plan will continue to receive a healthy and nutritious lunch.
Spicy Green will be communicating directly with families that order lunches and providing any refunds as needed.
We will keep you apprised as the lunch situation develops. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation.
3. Battle of the Books!
Congratulations to these outstanding readers who won 1st place at the COLE Middle School Battle of the Books Competition on April 6. Paige, Carina, Annabelle F. , Annabel R., Reid, and our captain, Cal! They worked together to answer questions and earned lots of steals racking up 230 points in 5 rounds against 4 other middle schools.
4. Register for Elementary Explorations right now! Deadline Monday, April 8:
5. Background Check -Parent Survey- please respond by April 21
6. The Votes are in! Thank you for voting for our NC School Heroes
Thanks to everyone who voted for teachers Leah P and Wendy, who were nominated as NC School Heroes! This program gives NC residents a way to recognize and reward the people who make our school run and impact the lives of students. There will be a total of 10 winning NC School Heroes. The 10 winning heroes will be chosen from among the top 200 vote getters. Nominations and voting have now closed. Check back on or about May 6, 2019, to see the winners!
7. We still need a President-Elect for the 2019-2020 PTO Board
9. Exploris Family Day! May 4
Please mark your calendars and plan to join us at Family Day on May 4 at Roberts Park, 12:00-3:00. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. We’re on Twitter!
Please follow Exploris PTO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExplorisPTO
and use our hashtags #ExplorisPTO or #ExplorisSchool
10. Upcoming Events
April 13-22: Spring Break
- April 22-26 – 8th grade goes Outward Bound
- April 23- Silent Auction Kick-off at Lynnwood Brewing, 5pm
April 30 – May 3: 7th Grade Field Experience- Washington DC
May 4- Exploris Family Day and Silent Auction closing- Roberts Park
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com by 8pm Sunday evening.
Note: Exploris PTO does not control any ads that may appear below: