Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”. We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday morning during the school year.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm Sunday.
- First Day of School photos
- Exploris Weekly School Update
- President’s Corner
- School Directory Online
- 2020-21 Exploris Calendar
- Family Map online
- Upcoming Events
1. Welcome to the 2020-21 School Year at Exploris! The PTO has put together a fun First Day of School Photo Album on Facebook, and we sure love seeing everyone’s smiling faces from our first day together online! Parents feel free to submit your photos. We hope that you will all have a successful, albeit unusual, first trimester of school here at Exploris.
View our album link.
2. First Week of School Update: The Exploris Leadership Team will be publishing a weekly phone and text update each Friday. Following is the update from August 21.
3. President’s Corner
I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Angelean Hendrix and I’m your recently elected PTO president. I have an 8th grader at Exploris, and I remember exactly what I said when I heard she got into Exploris in the 6th grade- I would go back to middle school to go to a school like this! I am so excited to serve as you president and hope I can fill the shoes of those who have come before me.
Despite the challenges of our current pandemic the PTO has some great things planned this year. Thank you for everyone who participated in our first fundraiser this year, our pizza sale at the “Meet the Teacher” drive through event last week. It was so great to be a part of all the enthusiasm and excitement of starting the new year.
We still have a number of positions open for the year, in particular we are looking for a VP of Volunteers and a President Elect. Plus there are many opportunities to help support your child’s class by serving as a Grade Level Parent and to help with the unique activities we are getting creative with. Please email PTOpres@exploris.org.
Also, keep a look out for a brand new offering of all your Exploris spirit wear needs! T-shirts, hoodies, magnets and stickers. We are very excited and hope you will be too.
Thanks for all your support and enthusiasm. It’s going to be a great year!
Exploris PTO president
4. EXPLORIS SCHOOL DIRECTORY- NOW ONLINE. PLEASE OPT IN.
1) Fill out the Form: Map and Directory Form
2) Use the directory: *Protected: Exploris School Directory
The directory password was posted in the email version of the Monday Minute.
Please make sure you are receiving this via email by following our blog at http://explorispto.org.
5. EXPLORIS CALENDAR
The 20120-21 Exploris Calendars are on the PTO website in both PDF and Google Calendar versions: https://explorispto.org/calendar/
You can keep up with Exploris events by subscribing to the Google Calendar. First click on the Calendar, then click on the + button in the lower right corner of the calendar. If you don’t already have a Google account, you will need to set one up, which is easy and free. After subscribing, all Exploris events will also be displayed on your calendar.
6. EXPLORIS FAMILY MAP
Thanks for listing your address on the map!
Fill out the form, and your address and contact information will be posted on our password protected google map. After your address has been posted you will be emailed the password. Please do not share the password or the map with anyone outside of the Exploris Community.
Childcare Sharing: Some families have expressed interest in sharing childcare or hosting small groups of students in homes for distance learning. We have included that option as a question on the Family Map so that you can connect with each other.
Even if you’re not sure if you will be carpooling, we hope you will participate. Your address will be mapped, making it easier to find Exploris families in your neighborhood.
As of August 23, we have over 230 families on the map! Thanks to everyone who has participated this year.
Fill out the Form: Map and Directory Form
More info: https://explorispto.org/familymap/
7. UPCOMING EVENTS
- Monday, September 7- Labor Day Holiday
- Monday, September 28 – Yom Kippur Holiday
- October 2 (3:15pm) – October 12 (8am) – Fall Break
- Friday, October 23 – Teacher Workday for Conferences
- Wednesday, Nov. 11 – Veterans Day – Holiday
- Friday, November 20 – End of First Trimester
- Monday, November 23 – Tuesday November 24 – Teacher Workdays
- Friday, Nov 20 (3:15pm)- Monday, Nov 30 (8am) – Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 18 – Early Dismissal
- Friday Dec 18 (12:15pm) – Monday, Jan 4 (8am) – Winter Break
- Monday, Jan 18 – MLK Holiday
- Monday, February 15 – Teacher Workday – Conferences
- Friday, February 19 – Teacher Workday – Professional Development
- Thursday, March 11 – End of Second Trimester
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com .