- Meet the Teacher- today! Please bring flowers
- First Day of School photos- Wednesday
- Exploris School Directory Online
- School Supplies
- Family Handbook
- 2020-21 Exploris Calendar
- Family Map online
- Reopening Info
- Upcoming Events
It’s Back to School Time!
1. Drive-Through Meet the Teacher TODAY – On Monday August 17th from 4:00-6:00 teachers will be welcoming all students and families at a Drive-Through Meet the Teacher event. A few notes:
* If possible, please make a small sign/ paper/display your child’s NAME and CREW TEACHER to help us greet them. Crew lists were emailed to all parents last week.
* All elementary and middle school teachers grade levels K-8 will be in the elementary parking lot
* Teachers may have materials to hand your student (Chromebooks you signed up for, workbooks, teaching materials, etc)
* TURN RIGHT into the parking lot and TURN RIGHT onto Swain Street. When you leave the parking lot TURN RIGHT toward Edenton Street.
* The PTO will be selling Papa Murphy’s pizza. You can pick up dinner and help support our school! If you pre-ordered we will have your pizzas and cookie dough ready. We will also be selling pizzas for $10 each until supplies run out! Cash or cards.
*The PTO will also be collecting Box Tops for Education, so if you have a collection from this spring and summer, please bring them with you and you’ll be able to drop off! Thanks for supporting our school with this easy passive fundraising program. For more information about Box Tops for Education please visit https://explorispto.org/fundraising/boxtops/
*Please Bring Flowers! BUILD BOUQUETS, BUILD OUR COMMUNITY! AUGUST 17 AT MEET THE TEACHER
Let’s brighten our entire Exploris Staff’s day, by bringing them each a flower to show our appreciation! The PTO is suggesting each child bring in one flower to give to their new teacher, old teacher and/or favorite staff member. Pick a flower from your backyard, the park, the store or anywhere!
Vases will be set up at the Elementary School during the Meet the Teacher Drive Thru Event! At the end of the event, each of our teacher’s will have a bouquet as unique and beautiful as our school. If you have questions please contact PTO Staff Appreciation chair Brooke Hedrick at email@example.com.
2. First Day of School Photos! Do you enjoy seeing everyone’s photos from the first day of school on social media? We do too! We will be creating an Exploris First Day of School photo album again this year on the PTO facebook page. Please submit your photos on Facebook as a comment or DM, or on Instagram with the hashtag #ExplorisSchool, and we will gather and share them in an album on our Facebook page. For the 2019 album click here! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=explorispto&set=a.1318476728312406
3. EXPLORIS SCHOOL DIRECTORY- NOW ONLINE. PLEASE OPT IN.
1) Fill out the Form: Map and Directory Form
2) Use the directory: *Protected: Exploris School Directory
We will email you the password in next week’s Monday Minute. Please make sure you are receiving this via email by following our blog at http://explorispto.org.
4. School school supply lists. Thank you for your patience as we revised them to reflect the 100% remote learning environment for Plan C.
5. Family Handbook The first day of school is August 19th. Pleases read the Family Handbook for Remote Learning which includes information such as schedules, attendance, and important dates.
6. EXPLORIS CALENDAR
The 20120-21 Exploris Calendars are on the PTO website in both PDF and Google Calendar versions: https://explorispto.org/calendar/
You can keep up with Exploris events by subscribing to the Google Calendar. First click on the Calendar, then click on the + button in the lower right corner of the calendar. If you don’t already have a Google account, you will need to set one up, which is easy and free. After subscribing, all Exploris events will also be displayed on your calendar.
7. EXPLORIS FAMILY MAP
Thanks for listing your address on the map!
Fill out the form, and your address and contact information will be posted on our password protected google map. After your address has been posted you will be emailed the password. Please do not share the password or the map with anyone outside of the Exploris Community.
Childcare Sharing: Some families have expressed interest in sharing childcare or hosting small groups of students in homes for distance learning. We have included that option as a question on the Family Map so that you can connect with each other.
Even if you’re not sure if you will be carpooling, we hope you will participate. Your address will be mapped, making it easier to find Exploris families in your neighborhood.
As of August 16, we have over 220 families on the map! Thanks to everyone who has participated this year.
Fill out the Form: Map and Directory Form
More info: https://explorispto.org/familymap/
8. EXPLORIS REOPENING UPDATES
There is a page on the PTO website for Reopening information. We are updating is frequently:
9. UPCOMING EVENTS
- August 17: Meet the teacher
- August 19: First day of school (online)
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org .