Updates in this Email:
- Fall Festival- Thank You!
- Elementary Volunteers Needed on Thursdays and Fridays
- School Volunteer Survey
- COVID Testing Update
- Middle School Club Updates
- Middle School Electives
- School Directory Online
- Important Dates
- Staff Birthdays
- School Announcements
- Annual Fund
Thank you for a great Fall Festival
The Exploris PTO had such a great time at the October 20 Exploris Fall Festival! Thanks to the entire school community for coming together at this fun event. We couldn’t have done it without a great team of volunteers and we appreciate everyone who helped out. The PTO board is already thinking about next year. If you have feedback for us, please email Carrie at email@example.com.
Please check out more event photos in our photo album!
Thursday/Friday Elementary Campus Organizational Helpers Needed!
Thank you to those parents who have been helping to clean and organize the Elementary campus’s shared spaces.
Exploris Elementary is looking for a few more volunteers to come in on Thursdays and Fridays to help organize, clean and decorate some of their flex spaces (teacher workrooms, EC room, closets). It is in an effort to make more room and less clutter in the entire building. If you have a few hours on Thursday or Fridays, and love helping organize, this is a great volunteer opportunity for you!
If you have time and would like to help, please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084fa5a62ca1f94-friday
Exploris Elementary School Volunteer Form/Survey
In an effort to update our Volunteer Processes, we are sending out the following form. We’re hoping that gathering this information will help us to create an active volunteer pool here at the Exploris School that includes appropriate training, background checks and streamline communication.
Our volunteers are able to experience firsthand our school environment and enrich our school community with their ideas, interests, talents and resources. We rely heavily on the help of Exploris families to do all that we do. We would love to partner with you to build community and enriching experiences for our students!
Important COVID Update from Exploris Leadership:
Dear Exploris Families,
We hope each of you is having a great week.
First, we want to thank our incredible school community for all your tireless support in keeping our students, teachers, staff, and families safe during this continuously challenging time. We cannot fully express our gratitude via email, but please know that your efforts are making a huge difference.
Several weeks ago, we communicated our intentions to host onsite weekly screening COVID testing through a community partner. At this time, we have decided to not move forward with weekly screening testing. This decision was based on our thankfully low numbers of positive test results, combined with the recent approval of COVID vaccinations for 5-11 year olds. We have decided that onsite weekly testing would cause undue disruption to our learning environment. However, if our COVID case rates are 5% or more at either campus over a two-week period at any time, we will revisit weekly testing at that time.
In lieu of weekly onsite testing, we are expanding our onsite diagnostic testing efforts. All families may make a request for a COVID PCR test at any time for any reason. Please allow us up to 48 hours to administer the test when making a request. Requests can be sent to:
Elementary School: Jessica Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Middle School: Mary Margaret Moffitt (email@example.com)
Please keep in mind that you must register your child for testing before making a request:
Elementary School STUDENT Registration: https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=tf-the-610-students
Middle School STUDENT Registration: https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=tf-the-609-students
We also would like all of our families to know that all absences related to COVID vaccination appointments (including recovery days if your child has side effects from their shot) will be considered excused absences. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when your student will be absent for a COVID vaccination.
Thank you again for everything you are doing to support our school.
The Exploris School Leadership Team
Middle School Club Updates:
Join the Exploris Run Club! Thursdays after school from 3:15-4:15. Starting Nov 4th, ending Dec 16th. Contact Kelly, Leah, or Shannon with questions or to sign up!
Do you love playing Magic the Gathering? Join other card players Fridays after school from 3:15-4:15. Starting Nov 5th, ending Dec 10th. Contact Kelly with questions or to sign up!
Middle School Electives!
Exploris Parents & Guardians,
Every Friday, students get to choose electives to explore their interests. This trimester, they have enjoyed classes such as yoga, gardening, journalism, podcasting, arts & crafts, anime, Model UN, and the Joe Holt Story. Now, trimester two is just around the corner and we would like to have even more options for the students to choose from. So….
- Have you ever felt passionate about a topic that you would like to share with the students and help them explore?
- Do you have a skill or a trade that the students could benefit from by learning and exploring it with guidance?
- Would you like to give students the opportunity to learn and practice skills to master a sport?
- Maybe you are looking for a way to support our students but not YET ready to teach a class on your own? No worries. You could always
- team up with another parent to teach a class together OR
- team up with one of our teachers to provide support
Things to know
- Dates: An elective class for Trimester 2 is a total of 10 Fridays.
- 12/3, 12/10, 1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/25, 3/4
- Times: There are 2 available blocks of time.
- Block 1: 10:45am – 1pm
- Block 2: 1pm – 3:15pm
Whether you are ready to run an elective or support an elective, please fill out this form (Parent Volunteer Elective Form) by Tuesday, November 9th and we will help get you set up for our Trimester 2 Electives. Please let me or Jamie know if you have any questions.
Your Electives Extraordinaires, Christina & Jamie
The Exploris School Directory 2021-22 is now online!
Use the directory: *Protected: Exploris School Directory
The was emailed to the PTO email list on October 14 and October 18. Please make sure you are receiving emails from the PTO by subscribing to our blog. Visit the website explorispto.org and enter your email address where it says “Enter your email address to sign up for the PTO mailing list. By following you’ll receive our regular “Monday Minute” emails plus occasional announcements.”
Important Dates (Exploris CALENDAR):
- Thursday, November 11 – Veterans Day – Holiday
- Friday, November 12 – Flex Day – ASYNCHRONOUS FOR STUDENTS
- Friday, November 19 – End of First Trimester
- Monday, November 22 – Tuesday November 23 – Teacher Workday
- Friday, Nov 19 (3:15pm)- Monday, Nov 29 (8am) – Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, November 30- Exploris Adult Social at Lynnwood Brewing, 5-6pm
- Friday, December 17 – Early Dismissal
- Winter Break – Friday Dec 17 (12:15pm) – Tuesday, Jan 4 (8am)
November Exploris Staff Birthdays!
- 11/9 – Lyndsey Anderson (2nd grade teaching partner)
- 11/19 – Jen Christian (Kindergarten teacher)
- 11/3 – Kelly Fauth (EC teacher and testing coordinator)
- 11/14 – Dorsey McMillan (3rd grade teaching partner)
- 11/13- Tom Simmons (5th grade teacher)
- 11/21 – Leah Perry-Lawless (7th grade teacher)
School Announcements and Reminders:
- Yearbooks are on sale now! The Exploris Yearbook staff is working hard on this book to highlight the 2021-22 school year. The yearbook is for all grades, K-8. Buy early for the lowest prices of the year! Buy Your Yearbook at Jostens
- Students can refer themselves to a counselor. LINK
- Substitute Teachers Needed – email@example.com
THE EXPLORIS ANNUAL FUND DRIVE IS UNDERWAY!
DONATE HERE: https://exploris.kindful.com/
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND JOIN US ON NOVEMBER 30- Giving Tuesday!
EXPLORIS SOCIAL AT LYNNWOOD BREWING CONCERN
If you would like to submit information for a PTO blog post, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!