The PTO needs volunteers for the 2017-18 school year!! Any new Exploris parents are welcome to volunteer as well! It’s a great way to get involved, meet other parents, and knock out some of those required volunteer hours!! A short description of each is listed and please be assured that none of these tasks are too time consuming. We have divided every task so that no one person is working themselves to the bone! Email Brooke Somers if you’d like to talk about any of these opportunities. Without further ado here are the positions we need filled:
- Kindergarten Tissues and Tea – We need 1 or 2 current Kindergarten parents to coordinate a little coffee/breakfast meet and greet for upcoming Kindergarten parents on the first day of school.
- Middle School Dance Chair – Plan 2 middle school dances and get a committee of 8th grade students to help decorate and publicize them around the school. The dates will be set but you will need to book a DJ and book a photo booth (instructions will be provided). Ideally, we would have 2 volunteers for this.
- Grants – Help teachers with grant writing when needed. This is not a huge demand and frequently will only have 1 request a year. But you are on standby to help if it’s needed.
- Snack Stash Coordinator – Create signup genius listing Teacher Stash treats to stock the school with for teachers and send out two times a year.
- Hospitality Chair (Staff Luncheons and/or Breakfasts) – Organize 3 events during the year to make teachers happy! One breakfast on the first teacher workday of the year. One winter get together that just gets booked and paid for out of hospitality budget. The last is the end of year luncheon. Breakfast and lunch are potluck and need to have signups set up and emailed out to all parents. You will be only coordinating this. Notes and directions as to what to do will be provided. This one sounds like a lot but I promise is not much at all!
- Spirit Wear – Contact our online company and organize 3 order times a year. You will need to decide if there are some items that should be dropped and others added. When the shipment comes in, you need to sort orders and distribute to teachers as soon as possible!
- Sunshine Committee – Purchase gift baskets for all staff for birthdays. The PTO will provide ideas and guidelines (and budget). We need 1-2 more people to help with staff at the elementary school. This job is perfect for working parents because the only part that has to be done during the school day is dropping it off so that the teachers get it.
- President-Elect – Will be the PTO President for the 2018-19 school year. You will spend the year observing, sitting in on PTO meetings, and helping out wherever you can. Here’s what the President duties are: Oversee all PTO events and happenings. Run PTO meetings and chair the PTO Board. Email and check in with committee chairs to make sure things are moving forward for events. Approve all expenses. Represent all parents and teachers on the Exploris Board which means attending all Exploris Board meetings and voting in a way that you believe best supports the other parents and teachers.