Announcements for the week of February 11, 2019
1. Show Your Love for Exploris
2. Valentine’s Day Teacher snack stash-wish list
3. Middle School Elective Volunteers Needed
4. Explorations Volunteers Needed – EVERY Friday
5. Sassool Dine-in Night- Feb 21!
6. Congratulations Emily Felker & students!
7. Help needed- Silent Auction donation pickups
8. Yearbooks for Sale! Price goes up soon
9. Family Photo Fundraiser
10. Don’t get TOWED!
11. Intent form for next year- due Friday
12. The Exploris School- 2019-2020 Calendar -Online now!
13. Upcoming Events
1. Show Your Love for Exploris Capital Campaign Challenge
We are coming into the home stretch of the Show Your Love for Exploris Capital Campaign challenge!
We would like to thank all the past donors who have made an additional contribution this year and appreciate all the new families who have also donated to the capital campaign.
If you’ve been waiting to make your donation, now is the time. Help us reach our $1 million goal and earn the $1 million match from the developer. We would love for you to make a small contribution now to help us show our school community’s commitment to the Capital Campaign. If you are thinking of contributing $500 to the Capital Campaign, perhaps you could make a $10 or $25 contribution this week as part of our Show Your Love for Exploris push and contribute the rest throughout the year. Not ready to make a donation today, but want to help us get our percentages up? You can make a pledge to contribute which also counts towards our participation rates!
You can donate and pledge at www.exploris.org by clicking on the Capital Campaign button.
Current grade level participation percentages are:
- Kindergarten = 51% (up 5%)
- 1st Grade = 60%
- 2nd Grade = 74%
- 3rd Grade = 79%
- 4th Grade = 87%
- 5th Grade = 92%
- 6th Grade = 64% (up 3%)
- 7th Grade = 75%
- 8th Grade = 65% (up 1%)
Thank you to all the families that contributed last week!
2. Valentine’s Teacher Snack Stash –
- Elementary – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094FAEAA23ABFE3-valentines
- Middle – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094FAEAA23ABFE3-valentines1
3. Middle School ELECTIVE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:
Do you have a talent you’d like to share with our middle school students? We are looking for volunteers to help offer a wide range of electives. Electives will be offered from 1:30-3:10 on the following Fridays in March: 3/1, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29. If you have an idea, are willing to lead, and/or help out, please email Michelle P. at email@example.com.
4. Elementary Explorations Volunteers Needed!
There are many needs for Explorations volunteers on Friday. Thank you to everyone who has signed up already!! Please fill out the Google Doc if you are able to help this week!
5. Sassool Dine-in Night- February 21!
Mark Your Calendars – Sassool at Morgan Street Food Hall will be supporting The Exploris PTO by donating 10% of sales on Thursday, February 21. Be sure to stop by for lunch, before/after carpool, or (and?!) dinner to have a delicious meal AND support the PTO!
6. Congratulations Emily Felker
Exploris 7th graders are featured in the winter edition of Green Teacher Magazine thanks to an article published by their teacher, Emily Felker. The article highlights how Exploris is teaching sustainability and stewardship through service learning. The full article can be accessed here. This is just another example of how Exploris is empowering learners to change the world.
7. Volunteer Needs – Silent Auction Donation Pickups
Donation Pickups – Many community groups and business have offered products or services for our Exploris PTO Silent Auction this Spring. And WE need help picking up these products! Most are paper certificates or small items that don’t take up much space. The sign up will notate large items.
Please sign up for an item/location to pick up. Let us know a date/time you could pick up so that we can pass it on to the donating group, as well as your phone number in case we have any questions.
Donations may be returned to either Elementary or Middle school front desks.
Please reach out to Allie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in helping with our Silent Auction.
8. Yearbooks for Sale –
Click here to purchase your 2018-2019 Exploris yearbook. The price is $35. February 22 is the last day to personalize our yearbook and last day before the price increases to $40.
9. Family Photo Fundraiser for the Capital Campaign
Family Picture Fundraiser
for Capital Campaign
Cost is $50 and you will receive 3 full size digital images with personal use and printing rights and have access to a gallery to order prints & wall portraits.
10. Don’t Get Towed!
As you know Morgan Street Food Hall has attracted lots of people to the area around the Middle School. Our landlords have informed us that ACE towing will be monitoring parking at the MIDDLE SCHOOL campus. They will be towing any cars that do not have a hang tag. We wanted you to be aware of this so you don’t end up with a costly inconvenience.
11. Intent form for next year
With the lottery coming up, the school needs to do some planning for the 2019-2020 school year. Please complete this form – https://goo.gl/forms/8KH7P16vNL8CmPdI2 – to indicate whether or not your child(ren) will return to Exploris next year. Please submit a response for each of your children by February 15.
12. The Exploris School- 2019-2020 School Calendar -Online now!
13. Upcoming Events
- Feb 15- Early Release Day
- Feb 18- No School for students, Teacher Workday
- Feb 21- Dine-in Night at Sassool
- Feb 22- Yearbook Pricing goes up!
- March 1- Exploris Lottery, 4pm at Elementary School
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday. If you would like to include information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com by 8pm Sunday evening.
Note: Explois PTO does not control any ads that may appear below: