Announcements for the week of May 20, 2019
- PTO needs you
- End of Year activities
- 8th Grade Graduation
- Juliana’s Retirement Party
- 5th Grade Pool Party
- Upcoming Events – Memorial Day Holiday
1. Please get involved with the PTO next year!
To set ourselves up for an even better year next school year, the PTO Board has a goal to have all 2019-2020 Board positions and Committee Chairs filled by the end of the school year. We are almost there, but have a few positions to fill. They are listed below, but if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Allie Lindahl or any PTO Board member.
- Treasurer – Maintain PTO financial records, distribute funds as prescribed by approved budget, provide financial reports at monthly meeting.
- Lunch/Snack Coordinator – One representative from each campus to coordinate backup lunches with our hot lunch provider, ensure there are appropriate and sufficient backup lunches available, and work with Exploris staff to stock Snack Closets (This is a new position, so we would LOVE if someone could spend some time now to work with Michelle Duncan!)
- Fall Fundraiser – Work with art teachers to work into art curriculum so that students have a planned practice piece of art. Coordinate the main order of products, pick up products, and find other volunteers to help package and deliver the orders to students. Kristin Corson, VP of Fundraising, did this last year, and will be the lead on this project, but she needs a few extra helpers to make this a success!
- Dine-In Nights – Organize monthly restaurant fundraisers and promote through PTO newsletter, posters, Facebook posts, etc to ensure high participation.
- Parent Annual Fund Representative – Meet with school and PTO leadership to determine timing of campaign, Work with school leadership to prepare annual fund request letter, including drafting letter and working with the donation/family database (we’ve done hard copy and email versions in the past – sometimes just email), Coordinate additional Annual Fund communication with parents (typically includes follow up letters, Facebook campaign, crew contests, grade level newsletter posts, etc.), Manage communication about campaign progress (typically includes thermometer or progress signs, that kind of thing)
2. End of Year Info!
The end of the school year is here, and that means portfolio conferences, showcase projects, crew days, final presentations, Expressions Day, and EOGs! Each grade is different, so please pay special attention to your weekly class updates. The last day of school is Friday, June 7. It is an early release day.
3. 8th Grade Graduation/Last Day of School: June 7
The Exploris 8th grade graduation will be held on the last day of school, June 7.
120 East Edenton Street
- Doors open 9:30
- Graduation 10:15
- Reception 11:15
- 8th grade pool party 2:00 pm at Greystone
4. Juliana’s Retirement Party
Parents, Students, Alumni, Teachers….Pass the word!!!! Our Juliana Thomas is retiring after nearly 20 years teaching. We want to give everyone a time to thank her and share memories. We will be celebrating on June 6 after Expressions Day, 3:30pm at the Food Hall on the back deck. Make some time for her -Come by for some food, drinks, ice cream and to thank and celebrate, Juliana!!
5. 5th Grade Pool Party- June 7
Calling all 5th Graders! Splash into summer and celebrate the end of elementary school at the the end-of-school pool & pizza party!
Parents please RSVP here. http://evite.me/nyvVDrzFKv
6. Upcoming Events
- May 24- No School, Teacher Workday (Conference Day)
- May 27- No School, Memorial Day Holiday
- May 28 – June 5: EOG DATES (includes makeup days)
- June 7: Early Release, 8th Grade Graduation, Last Day of School
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm Sunday evening.
You must be logged in to post a comment.