Announcements for the week of May 27, 2019
- Teacher Gifts- Due June 3
- EOG Schedule- starting Tuesday!
- PTO Needs You!
- 8th Grade Graduation
- Juliana’s Retirement Party
- 5th Grade Pool Party
- Upcoming Events – Memorial Day Holiday
1. Easy and Generous Teacher Gift Giving at Exploris- Mug Free!
If your family plans to participate in gift giving at school this year, the PTO would like to offer you the chance to contribute towards a MUCH-APPRECIATED cash gift for our teachers and staff. This collection ensures that all fifty-five teachers and staff members receive the recognition they deserve! The total collection will be divided among the teachers and staff. If you would like to participate:
- Please send in cash or a check (made payable to Exploris PTO) or make your donation ONLINE.
- Place your donation in an envelope marked “Teacher Thanks” or “Teacher Gift” with your name, your child(ren)’s name(s), and grade(s).
- Give it to Mary Margaret or Michael (either one is fine if you have children in both schools; it is not necessary to provide separate donations per child).
- If donating ONLINE, please include in the “Notes” at checkout, your name, your child(ren)’s names(s), and grade(s).
- Complete all donations by Monday, June 3rd.
If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing Kimberly Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kristin Corson (email@example.com)
2. EOGs – End of Grade Tests – Starting Tuesday, May 28!
Please remember to tell your kids: On the evening before EOGs, go to bed on time! Better yet, consider going to bed a little early so you fall asleep on time.
In the morning, wake up in time to have a healthy, protein rich breakfast! This will give you energy and mental stamina to last through the morning until lunch. There is no snack during End of Grade testing sessions.
3. Please get involved with the PTO next year!
To set ourselves up for an even better year next school year, the PTO Board has a goal to have all 2019-2020 Board positions and Committee Chairs filled by the end of the school year. We are almost there, but have a few positions to fill. They are listed below, but if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Allie Lindahl or any PTO Board member.
- Lunch/Snack Coordinator
- Fall Fundraiser
- Dine-In Nights
- Parent Annual Fund Representative
4. 8th Grade Graduation/Last Day of School: June 7
The Exploris 8th grade graduation will be held on the last day of school, June 7.
120 East Edenton Street
- Doors open 9:30
- Graduation 10:15
- Reception 11:15
- 8th grade pool party 2:00 pm at Greystone
5. Juliana’s Retirement Party
Parents, Students, Alumni, Teachers….Pass the word!!!! Our Juliana Thomas is retiring after nearly 20 years teaching. We want to give everyone a time to thank her and share memories. We will be celebrating on June 6 after Expressions Day, 3:30pm at the Food Hall on the back deck. Make some time for her -Come by for some food, drinks, ice cream and to thank and celebrate, Juliana!!
6. 5th Grade Pool Party- June 7
Calling all 5th Graders! Splash into summer and celebrate the end of elementary school at the the end-of-school pool & pizza party!
Parents please RSVP here. http://evite.me/nyvVDrzFKv
7. Upcoming Events
- May 27- No School, Memorial Day Holiday
- May 28 – June 5: EOG DATES (includes makeup days)
- June 7: Early Release, 8th Grade Graduation, Last Day of School
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm Sunday evening.
Note: Exploris PTO does not control any ads that may appear below: