Announcements for the week of June 3, 2019
- Teacher Gifts- Due TODAY!
- EOG Schedule
- Lunch Options Survey
- New Building Update
- 8th Grade Graduation
- Juliana’s Retirement Party
- 5th Grade Pool Party
- Upcoming Events – Early Release Day on Friday!
- Have a great Summer Break!
1. End of Year Teacher Gift Giving at Exploris- Final Day!
PLEASE MAKE ANY ONLINE DONATIONS BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, JUNE 3. Turn checks in by the end of carpool. Thanks!
If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing Kimberly Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kristin Corson (email@example.com)
2. EOGs – End of Grade Tests schedule:
3. Lunch options for next year? Please complete this survey:
4. New Building Update from the June Exploris newsletter:
Robbie Farris from SFL&A Architecture (our developer) shared an update on the new building at the Board meeting on May 28th. They have been working on securing the $100 Million of financing needed for construction of our new facility. To date, they have secured commitments for 85% of the needed finances. They are continuing to meet with potential investors to share our story and commitment. One of the challenges has been that many investors are uncertain about the mixed use office/school space so the process has taken longer than expected. The new building is located in an Opportunity Zone which provides investors with many tax benefits. The developers are also pursing financing through a recently approved New Market Tax Credit allocation recently approved by Congress. Our developers remain 200% committed to our partnership and school project and are anticipating a 45 – 60 day timeline to obtain the remaining 15% of funds needed to begin construction. Once the final investors are identified the ground-breaking date will be set along with the filing of the final permit to begin construction. Thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate through unchartered waters for our new Exploris home. We are all anxiously awaiting the announcement from our developers that they are ready to proceed with construction. I will share the news as I get updates. -Ellie
Read the rest of the June newsletter here! https://mailchi.mp/343dcc38db75/june-1844845
5. 8th Grade Graduation/Last Day of School: June 7
The Exploris 8th grade graduation will be held on the last day of school, June 7.
Location: Christ Church
120 East Edenton Street
- Doors open 9:30
- Graduation 10:15
- Reception 11:15
- 8th grade pool party 2:00 pm at Greystone
6. Juliana’s Retirement Party
Parents, Students, Alumni, Teachers….Pass the word!!!! Our Juliana Thomas is retiring after nearly 20 years teaching. We want to give everyone a time to thank her and share memories. We will be celebrating on June 6 after Expressions Day, 3:30pm at the Food Hall on the back deck. Make some time for her -Come by for some food, drinks, ice cream and to thank and celebrate, Juliana!!
7. 5th Grade Pool Party- June 7
Calling all 5th Graders! Splash into summer and celebrate the end of elementary school at the the end-of-school pool & pizza party!
Parents please RSVP here. http://evite.me/nyvVDrzFKv
8. Upcoming Events
- May 28: June 5: EOG DATES (includes makeup days)
- June 6: 1:30 pm- Expressions Day MS
-Food Hall Celebration for Juliana afterwards
- June 6: 6:00 pm – Rising 8th Grade Parent Meeting in 8N
- June 7: Last Day of School, Graduation, Early Dismissal – No Aftercare!
- June 13: New Family Orientation, ES (1pm) MS (6pm)
- August 19: Welcome Back- Meet the Teacher!
- August 21: First Day of School
Thanks for reading the final “Monday Minute”! We have published this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the 2018-19 school year. We hope you’ve enjoyed reading it! Stay tuned over the summer for occasional updates. The regular Monday Minute will resume in August.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: Exploris PTO does not control any ads that may appear below: