Back to School – next week!
Open House August 19, First Day of School August 21
- Join us for our first PTO Meeting, TONIGHT- August 12!
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast Signup for August 16
- PTO/Directory Signup Form
- Start Passive Fundraising! VIC card, Boxtops, and more
- Fill out your school forms online
- Register for school lunches from Spicy Green
- Read the August Exploris Newsletter
- School Supply Lists online
- Carpool Map online
- 2019-20 Exploris Calendar
- Upcoming Events
1. Join us for our August PTO Meeting/Election TONIGHT!
Monday, August 12, 6:30pm at the Middle School
The first PTO meeting of the year will be held on Monday, August 12th at 6:30 PM in the media center at the middle school. Anyone is welcome to attend! We will have social time after the meeting on the patio at Morgan Street Food Hall. The PTO board is looking forward to a great year ahead, and would love to see more parents and teachers attending our monthly PTO meetings. We alternate between evening and lunchtime meetings to accommodate more schedules.
During the August meeting we will:
-Introduce the new (proposed) Executive Board and hold an election
-Discuss and vote on the 2019-20 PTO Budget
-Discuss the Exploris and PTO calendars and upcoming activities
-Identify PTO goals for the 2019-20 School Year
Please RSVP on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/2119259195040796
2. TEACHER’S APPRECIATION BREAKFAST- AUGUST 16
The teachers will be back at school preparing for the kids, so let’s start the day off right by providing breakfast for them! Signup link below.
Feel free to drop off items at the Elementary school on Thursday (Aug. 15), during the afternoon (1:30pm – 3:30pm) or Friday (Aug. 16) before 8:30am. Items can be placed on the table, next to the fridge, in the workroom or inside the fridge.
3. PTO Directory/Information Form
Please fill out this short form to register with the PTO and to participate in the 2019-20 online school directory. To protect the privacy of our families, the online directory will only contain the names and contact information of families who choose to have their information published. If you would like to have your information published in a directory to be shared with others, you must opt-in on the form. Fields that you choose to fill will be then be published (as a password protected Google sheet) on the PTO website.
4. Get started with Passive Fundraising!
Please participate in these easy grocery, packaging, and shopping fundraisers for our school! Information has been updated for the 2019-20 school year:
5. Returning Students- Back To School Forms – Now Online Through SchoolMint System
6.Lunch Program– Spicy Green Gourmet Cafe & Catering!
Spicy Green Gourmet will provide hot and cold lunch options at both campuses and serve students in K- 8. The links below will take you to the account set up instructions and menus for August and September. Spicy Green will be at the Open House on August 19th so check out their table for more information and taste some of their delicious samples. Please select the link below to set up your lunch accounts and place your orders for their delicious and healthy lunch menus. Our school counselor, Michelle Duncan, will work with families who qualify for free or reduced lunch to ensure that all children have healthy meals provided. Families that wish to make a donation to support students that have food needs can make a donation using the “Donate” button on their Spicy Green lunch account to help Exploris provide for the needs of all students.
7. Read the August Exploris School Newsletter!
The school publishes a monthly newsletter via MailChimp that is emailed to parents each month. To read the August or past newsletters visit: https://www.exploris.org/newsletters/
8. School Supply Lists
Student Supply Lists:
9. Carpool Map
The 2019-2020 Exploris Carpool Map is online. We hope that all families will list their addresses, even if you don’t need to carpool. To participate:
- Fill out the carpool form
- View the current carpool map
- The password appears on the form confirmation screen.
The 2019-20 Exploris Calendar is here, in both PDF and Google Calendar versions: https://www.exploris.org/resources/calendar/
You can keep up with Exploris events by subscribing to the Google Calendar. First click on the Calendar, then click on the + button in the lower right corner of the calendar. If you don’t already have a Google account, you will need to set one up, which is easy and free. After subscribing, all Exploris events will also be displayed on your calendar.
Questions? Check the Exploris Google Calendar FAQ.
11. Upcoming Events
- August 12: PTO Meeting, 6:30pm at Middle School
- August 19: Open House – 4pm to 6pm, both campuses
- August 21: First day of school, Tissues and Tea for K parents
- August 22: Visitors from Japan arrive
- August 27: Exploris School Board meeting (public)
- September 2: School Closed for Labor Day
- September 17: Picture day at Elementary
- September 18: Picture day at Middle
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com .