- Food Drive this week
- Spiritwear orders?
- Annual Fund- donate now!
- Office Help Needed
- Lunches and Snacks
- Art by Me – orders due 11/15
- Applications for 2020-2021 School Year are Now Available
- School Directory Online
- Upcoming Events
1. Food Drive for Glenwood Towers- please bring food by November 15
Seventh grade students helping senior citizens at Glenwood Towers are collecting food for the residents to get them through the week of Thanksgiving. The over 300 residents usually have meals delivered through Meals on Wheels, but the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Thanksgiving week, there will be no food delivered. With your help, we are collecting food to give to the residents to help make their Thanksgiving bright and cheery. We’ll need a lot of people to give to make this happen!
To get this done, we are asking that certain grades focus on buying certain foods.
- K and 1st grade: please bring in canned meat, or cooked meat pouches
- 2nd grade: fruit cups, or dried fruit
- 3rd grade: chewy granola bars
- 4th grade: mini cakes (like little debbie), or other similar sweet treats
- 5th grade: individual bags of oatmeal
- 6th grade: canned goods: veggies & soup mixes (pop tops, preferably not ones where a can opener is needed)
- 7th grade: cracker packs/ individually packaged salty snacks
- 8th grade: boxed goods: ramen or mac or cheese individuals, mashed potatoes
The majority of these residents live alone, so servings for individuals would be ideal. There will be boxes placed throughout the school. The deadline for this project is November 15, 2019, so that we can deliver food to the residents well before the holiday. Please encourage your child to participate in this drive. If you have any questions, please email Mary at email@example.com.
7th grade students
2. Spiritwear Orders?
Are you missing and Exploris spiritwear order?
Last week, most of the orders were sent home. (Middle school students may not receive orders until Tuesday).
We are missing some items that were ordered at open house night. If you are missing a spiritwear item, please email Martha Fisk, firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can get things straightened out for you. Thank you for your patience!
3. Annual Fund
5. Snacks and Lunches Needed – Our Exploris community is in need of snacks for our students that are financially unable to bring a snack to school each day and also some lunch items for students who occassionally forget their lunch! Please sign up below if you can help and drop off items at the Elementary campus. Thanks for your support!
6. Art By Me fall fundraiser- Orders due November 15!
The PTO is promoting the ‘Art by Me’ fundraiser again this year. Our wonderful Art teachers, Jamie & Scarlet helped the students create artwork that can be applied to a large selection of products for family & friends to purchase. Ordering is in November and orders arrive beginning of December.
Please return order forms to crew teachers by Friday, November 15. (Ask your child for their order forms if you haven’t seen them yet! They were sent home last week.) Exploris friends and families can fill out order forms from the many great Art By Me products.
The money raised will support the PTO who helps to support Exploris and our fantastic teachers and staff. For more information, contact Kristin Corson at email@example.com, or visit our Art by Me webpage here.
7. Applications for 2020-2021 School Year are Now Available
The 2020 – 2021 Admissions process has begun and additional information can be found on our website on the Admissions tab here. Please remember that all interested siblings will need to submit an application to be considered in the lottery. Tours signups and information sessions are also posted on our website. Please share information with family and friends that may be interested in joining our Exploris community. The application deadline is February 7, 2020, at 4pm and the lottery will be held on March 6, 2020. Please remember we offer acceptance priority for our siblings and economically disadvantaged families.
7. The Exploris School Directory is online
Exploris School Directory — https://explorispto.org/parent-info/directory
It is password protected. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the password.
Have you filled out the FORM? Please opt-in to the school directory by filling out the online form.
- Monday, Nov. 11 – Veterans Day – Holiday
- Friday, November 15 – Food Donations for Glenwood Towers are due
- Art by Me Orders Due
- Monday, Nov. 18 – PTO General Board Mtg @ 6:30pm, Elementary School
- Friday, November 22 – End of First Trimester
- Monday, November 25 – Tuesday November 26 – Teacher Workday
- Thanksgiving Break- Friday, Nov 22 (3:15pm)- Monday, Dec 2 (8am)
- Friday, December 6- Middle School Dance
- Friday, December 20 – Early Dismissal
- Winter Break – Friday Dec 20 (12:15pm) – Monday, Jan 6 (8am)
The 2019-20 Exploris Google Calendar and PTO Calendar links are here:
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton by 9pm Sunday at email@example.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.