ANNOUNCEMENTS: March 13 was a busy day at Exploris! In case you are catching up, here are important announcements.
✳️Friday, March 13, 2020 was the last in-person school day for students. Online learning will begin on Thursday, March 19 for students and continue digitally through April 3.
- Mon, Tues, and Wed: Teachers will be planning together, receiving training, and developing digital lesson plans and protocols.
- By the end of the day on Wed: Teams will share with all families the specifics of their plans. This will include technical details of how/where students and families will be able to access instructional materials, times of day and amount of time each day we expect students to be working, and protocols for completing work, teacher office hours, EC service delivery, how to get support, questions answered, etc.
- Thursday, March 19th: Online school will be in session!
- Continuing: Students will have specific assignments each day and teachers will have established office hours for kids (and parents!) to be able to ask questions and get help.
- If possible, please hold general questions for teachers until you receive their plans, no later than Wednesday. The staff needs time to make this transition and may not have answers for you until they’ve been able to plan together.
✳️At this time, we anticipate resuming in-person instruction for students on April 13, 2020.
✳️Exploris staff will continue to monitor and evaluate the timing based on how the situation evolves.
✳️Important FOOD message from Michelle Duncan, Exploris Counselor.
If you need assistance please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are here to help with Food, Counseling, Internet.
We are taking donations via VENMO. This allows me to purchase online gift cards to send directly to families. VENMO Account: @Michelle-Duncan-57 Last 4 Digits: 0791
✳️ The 8th Grade Outward Bound trip is still ON, for now!
Please email Allie at Volunteers@explorispto.org with dates and times of needs/availability, how many children need care/you are able to watch, and your general location. I am working with school admins to assist with this need, and your requests will be kept confidential. We cannot guarantee this assistance, but would like to connect our community when possible.
Only a few more days to VOTE FOR ANNAH! Exploris PTO has nominated 4th grade teachers Annah Riedel as our NC School Hero. We hope that the Exploris community will help Annah win!
VOTE FOR ANNAH here: https://www.ncschoolheroes.com/entryshare/2028552
The 2020 Exploris PTO Silent Auction & Raffle will be held April 21- May 2. The auction takes place online and should not be affected by school closures.
We are currently seeking donations for the auction, and we can use your help. We also need people to pick up items that have been donated.
- Item Donation Form Can you contribute? Please fill out this form!
- Item Pickup Form We need help picking up donations! Please check this signup genius if you can help.
Please visit our Silent Auction & Raffle page more details
✳️ Haven’t contributed to the Exploris Annual Fund? Please fill out this quick survey
✳️ Upcoming Events
- March 16-18- Teacher Workdays
- Thursday, March 19- First Day of Digital Learning at Exploris
- Friday, March 20 – PTO Meeting, 11:30am VIDEOCONFERENCE
- Spring Break – Friday, April 3 (3:15pm) – Tuesday, April 14 (8am)
- Monday, April 20- PTO Meeting, 6:30pm at Elementary School
- Tuesday, April 21- Silent Auction Kickoff Night Fundraiser at Lynnwood Brewing
- April 21- May 2 Silent Auction is Live!
- Thursday, April 30- Middle School Field Day
- Saturday, May 2- Exploris Family Day and Silent Auction Finale
- May 4-8- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Friday, May 8- Middle School Dance
- Friday, May 15 – Teacher Workday
- Friday, May 22 – No School for 8th grade only – passage portfolios
- Friday, May 22- PTO Meeting, 11:30 at Tobacco Road
- Monday, May 25- Memorial Day Holiday
- June 1 – June 12 – EOG Testing Window
- Friday, June 12 – 8th Grade Graduation (10:30 am), early dismissal
- Friday, June 12 – End of Third Trimester, last day of school
Thanks for reading!
If you would like to submit information for PTO posts, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com