- Teacher Gift Pool!
- Exploris Virtual Information Night- Dec. 10
- Angel Tree
- Important Exploris Survey- Fill out by Dec. 18
- Surround Ms. Ashley with love!
- Pizza Order Form for 12/18
- December School Newsletter Online
- Yearbook Photos Needed
- Exploris Fund Donations
- Happy December birthdays to our faculty
- Upcoming Events
1. It’s time for Teacher Gifts!
Exploris PTO coordinates schoolwide teacher gifts in December before the Winter Break, and again in June before the end of school. We encourage all parents to contribute to this gift pool. This collection ensures that all teachers and staff members receive the recognition they deserve!
Please donate to the Exploris Holiday 2020 Teacher Gift by December 18:
For more information , please visit our Teacher Thanks/FAQ page here.
2. December 10 Virtual Information Night. Please share with friends:
3. Exploris Angel Tree!
4. Return to In-Person Learning Commitment Form – please fill out!
November 23rd was our most recent checkpoint to make a decision about returning to regular in-person learning at Exploris. With the rising local Covid cases and the upcoming holidays, we have decided to remain in remote learning, and will revisit the metrics at our next checkpoint in December.
One thing we need from families right now to help us with our planning: Please complete this short form about your commitment to staying in a remote learning environment or about your intent to send your student back to school if we are able to reopen for a rotation of students. These numbers are crucial for us to be able to figure out our capacity and potential schedules. All families must complete the form by December 18th.
5. Surround Ms. Ashley with love this holiday season
As the Giving Season is upon us, one of our very own teachers needs a little love. Between multiple surgeries within the last two years for both her husband and her son Chase, Ms. Ashley of 3rd grade needs just a little extra love and support this year. Her husband has just had hip replacement surgery and will be recovering for the next 2 – 3 months, her son, Chase also has had his own surgeries, requiring time off work and therapy sessions for the entire family.
Those students who have had Ms. Ashley know the love and passion that Ashley has for each and every Exploris student. The 3rd grade parents have created a Go Fund Me and an Amazon Wish List to help! Please consider a donation, your generosity is greatly appreciated!
- Go Fund Me: https://gf.me/u/zaxyq3
- Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1A6IH6C6MLF4C?ref=cm_sw_sm_r_wl_an_bkvkqKNmMqJE6
6. December 18 Drive-through Event! Pizza orders online now
Drive by the Elementary school campus between 4-6pm on December 18 to pick up School Picture and spiritwear orders, and drop off any used batteries or electronics for recycling as part of an 8th grade project.
AND grab a tasty ready-for-the-oven pizza as part of our Papa Murphy’s pizza fundraiser!
7. December School Newsletter Online
The Exploris School December newsletter has been published. Please read it for links, grade level updates, upcoming events, and more!
8. Yearbook Photos Needed!
The Exploris Yearbook Staff is creating pages with YOUR photos! If you have missed the Food, What’s New, sports, covid, spirit week, pet photos, digital learning, summer or fall photo drops you can always submit those and general photos to this link.
9. We hope you’ll consider a year end donation to the Exploris Fund. You can:
- Donate online at https://exploris.kindful.com
- Mail a check to: Exploris School Foundation, 401 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh NC 27603
- Donate through Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/Exploris-School-Foundation-103175274838433
10. Happy Birthday!
- Amanda Northrup – December 4th
- Paula Mancini – December 15th
11. UPCOMING EVENTS
- Thursday, December 10 – Virtual Session for prospective families, 6:00-7:30pm
- Friday, December 18 – Early Dismissal
- Friday, December 18 – Drive through event at the elementary campus, 4-6pm
- Friday Dec 18 (12:15pm) – Monday, Jan 4 (8am) – Winter Break
- Monday, Jan 18 – MLK Holiday
- Monday, February 15 – Teacher Workday – Conferences
- Friday, February 19 – Teacher Workday – Professional Development
- Thursday, March 11 – End of Second Trimester
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”- the Exploris PTO blog post.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com by 9pm Sunday.
You must be logged in to post a comment.