- PTO Meeting Thursday
- Multicultural Crayon Drive
- Application Deadline- please share!
- Yearbook Update
- Note from the PTO President
- Food distribution- volunteers needed
- Exploris finalist in WRAL Awards!
We would love to see more parents and teachers attending our monthly PTO meetings. This year, we are meeting on the first Tuesday of every month at 6pm on Zoom.
2.Multicultural Crayon Drive
Hi Exploris Families,
Martin Luther King Jr. famously said “Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.” As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, a National Day of Service, let’s make a commitment to serving our community and make it a better place.
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. and Black History Month, (February) the Kindergarten Parent Liaison Group is hosting a Multicultural Crayola Crayon, Marker, Colored Pencil Drive! We are hoping that Exploris families would consider donating a package (or multiple packages!) of the Multicultural Crayola supplies to stock our classrooms.
Crayola boasts that the crayon packages have 24 new crayon colors that represent people from around the world. The Markers contain 10 different skin colors and the Colored Pencils contain 8 different skin tones. Let’s celebrate our diversity and have all of our students represented when doing school projects!
Feel free to drop off at the school any time during the month of February (or earlier if you have a supply pick up), there will be a plastic bin by the door to the elementary office. If shipping is easier for you, ship through Amazon Smile to:
Exploris Elementary School
Attn: Multicultural Crayon Drive
17 S. Swain Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
The Kindergarten Parent Liaison Team will collect all of the supplies at the end of February and stock all classrooms with packages. We will also make sure that our Global Arts Team and our Exceptional Children Team have enough supplies.
Thank you for your consideration!
The Kindergarten Parent Liaison Team
3- Please help spread the word about Exploris! This is the last week to promote the lottery enrollment for next year. The deadline is Feb 4th. Do you know of families that may be interested in applying to Exploris? Please share this link from the NEW school website!
4. Yearbook Update:
Yearbook Ads for 8th graders!: You can purchase an ad in the yearbook to wish your 8th grader well! Here is the direct link if you want to check that out! DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 11, 2021!
- Yearbook: Here’s the link for purchasing your yearbook! It is $35.
6- Food Boxes Exploris is partnering with Ligon and Moore Square middle schools, in conjunction with Interfaith Food Shuttle, to provide food boxes every week at Chavis Park to families in need.
It would be nice to have at least 1, preferably 2, representatives from Exploris at each event. For privacy reasons, we do ask that students do not participate, thank you for your understanding.
Sign up genius link below. Thank you !
- Thursday, Feb 4 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Monday, February 15 – Teacher Workday – Portfolio Conferences//Digital Learning Day
- Friday, February 19 – Teacher Workday – Professional Development
- Thursday, Mar 4 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 11 – End of Second Trimester
- Friday, March 12 – Teacher Workday
- Monday, March 15 – Teacher Workday//Digital Learning Day
- Thursday, Apr 1 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Spring Break – Friday, March 26 (3:15pm) – Tuesday, April 6 (8am)
- Monday, April 5 – Teacher Workday
- Thursday, May 6 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 13 and Friday, May 14 – Teacher Workdays//Digital Learning Days//Passage portfolios (8th grade)
- Monday, May 31- Memorial Day Holiday
- Thursday, Jun 3 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Friday, June 11 – 8th grade Graduation (10:30 am), early dismissal
- Friday, June 11 – End of Third Trimester, last day of school
Congratulations!Exploris was named #2 Middle School in the WRAL Viewer’s Choice Awards! Thanks to everyone who voted! Visit the website to see all of the finalists: https://wral5.secondstreetapp.com/2020-WRAL-Voters-Choice-Awards/
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”- the Exploris PTO blog post.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm Sunday.