- Box Top Collection – now
- Covid-19 School Resources
- Multicultural Crayon Drive
- Yearbook Update
*Remember: Teacher Workday this Friday, February 19
2. Covid-19 Resources
The new Exploris website has detailed information on COVID-19 resources. We encourage all families and students to visit the website for specific information.
Information available include but are not limited to:
3.Multicultural Crayon Drive
Hi Exploris Families,
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. and Black History Month, (February) the Kindergarten Parent Liaison Group is hosting a Multicultural Crayola Crayon, Marker, Colored Pencil Drive! We are hoping that Exploris families would consider donating a package (or multiple packages!) of the Multicultural Crayola supplies to stock our classrooms.
Crayola boasts that the crayon packages have 24 new crayon colors that represent people from around the world. The Markers contain 10 different skin colors and the Colored Pencils contain 8 different skin tones. Let’s celebrate our diversity and have all of our students represented when doing school projects!
Feel free to drop off at the school any time during the month of February, there will be a plastic bin by the door to the elementary office. If shipping is easier for you, ship through Amazon Smile to:
Exploris Elementary School
Attn: Multicultural Crayon Drive
17 S. Swain Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
The Kindergarten Parent Liaison Team will collect all of the supplies at the end of February and stock all classrooms with packages. We will also make sure that our Global Arts Team and our Exceptional Children Team have enough supplies.
Thank you for your consideration!
The Kindergarten Parent Liaison Team
4. Yearbook Update:
- Monday, February 15 – Teacher Workday – Portfolio Conferences//Digital Learning Day
- Friday, February 19 – Teacher Workday – Professional Development
- Thursday, Mar 4 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 11 – End of Second Trimester
- Friday, March 12 – Teacher Workday
- Monday, March 15 – Teacher Workday//Digital Learning Day
- Thursday, Apr 1 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Spring Break – Friday, March 26 (3:15pm) – Tuesday, April 6 (8am)
- Monday, April 5 – Teacher Workday
- Thursday, May 6 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 13 and Friday, May 14 – Teacher Workdays//Digital Learning Days//Passage portfolios (8th grade)
- Monday, May 31- Memorial Day Holiday
- Thursday, Jun 3 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Friday, June 11 – 8th grade Graduation (10:30 am), early dismissal
- Friday, June 11 – End of Third Trimester, last day of school
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm Sunday.