- Outdoor Workday this Saturday!
- Passive Fundraising Opportunities
- Exploris 2021-22 School Calendar
- April Exploris Newsletter Online
- Panera pickup volunteers needed
- Family Map Volunteer Needed
- April Birthdays
1. Exploris Family Outdoor Workday! April 17, 8:30-2pm
The PTO recently approved $2500 in funds to help bring more to our outdoor play and classroom spaces at the elementary campus. As part of the PTO outdoor play/ classroom project, we are organizing an Exploris Family Work Day this coming Saturday, April 17th from 8:30-2:00 pm. Please do not feel like you need to attend the entire time- we will take any amount. Also we welcome any Exploris Family whether you are at the elementary or Middle School Campus
We have several ways you can participate in this event and we are so excited to work together to beautify the space for our students.
You can support this event by volunteering your time, donating supplies you might no longer need, give monetarily to the cause, and/or even come up with a creative idea to help us execute on the day. In addition to this family workday, we hope to organize another day in May for those who might not be able to accommodate their schedules with such short notice.
Please review the sign-up genius below to let us know your coming and donate supplies, We will also need an assortment of tools if you have them- these will be listed on the sign-up as well. **Don’t worry if you forget to sign up.
We are seeking experts on building and those handy with tools! If you have any connection to a building supply company, sand/soil, or any company that might be helpful as we build our outdoor space please connect with us. We are also building a stump circle, if you know of a tree service or a place we can get stumps please reach out. You can contact Michelle Duncan with details at email@example.com
COVID- Protocols in place
Masks required- and do not attend if you have a fever or any other covid-like symptoms
Email Michelle Duncan, at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas and expertise
Donate monetarily to the project – Emily McIntyre’s venmo: @elomac_nc Paypal is email@example.com (choose friends and family)
2. Exploris School PTO Passive Fundraising Opportunities
Thank you to everyone who is helping out with these easy fundraisers for our school!
Please visit the Exploris PTO Passive Fundraising page for details and links! https://explorispto.org/fundraising/passivefundraising/
- Harris Teeter VIC cards
- Lowes Foods Cart to Class
- Publix Partners
- Box Tops 4 Education
- Amazon Smile
- Office Depot/Office Max
Questions? Suggestions? Contact Desa Bojdo – firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Exploris 2021-22 Calendar
The Exploris Board has approved the calendar for next school year and it is online! Visit: https://explorispto.org/calendar/
>>>First Day of School: Monday, August 16, 2021
4. April Newsletter online
The Exploris School April Newsletter is now published! Read it for Plan A & B updates, calendar, class news, and more! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AzWQu_vHGFP6EfqOk1H0w9IkMXfsHQJ_/view
5. Want to help give back to the community and support our school?
Sign up for Panera Bread Pick-Up. volunteers needed to pick up at Panera bread on Glenwood Avenue and drop off at the elementary campus. All slots are for Sunday night at close and drop off Monday morning to ES campus. If you’re able please sign up using the link below.
6. Family Map and PTO Communications Work- HELP NEEDED
We need a new volunteer to coordinate the Family Map this summer, and are also looking for a new VP Communications for the PTO Board for next year.
Each year, the PTO sets up a Family Carpool Map. Exploris families fill out a form and their contact information can go on the map, the school directory, or both. We are looking for a new map volunteer. Ideally, this person has some knowledge of WordPress and Google Maps, but it is not hard to learn. The Family Map work requires a commitment of a few hours online per week starting late July and ending in late August. Please reach out to Dana Deaton at email@example.com if you are interested in this job!
Other communications jobs are opening too as Dana is finishing her term as VP Communications. If you or another parent would be good for these tasks, please speak up! email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Map
- Monday Minute (PTO blog/email)
- PTO Website (wordpress)
- PTO Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- PTO Board Google Group
7. Happy April Birthdays!!
Please join us in wishing all of the April born Exploris Staff Members a big Happy Birthday!
- 4/4 Mary McWay – 7th Grade
- 4/13 Adele Agbaw – 2nd Grade
- 4/13 Karen Morgan – Financial Business Manager
- 4/26 Alyssa Altman – EC
- 4/26 Jamie Butler – GA, Art Middle School
- Thursday, May 6 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 13 and Friday, May 14 – Teacher Workdays//Digital Learning Days//Passage portfolios (8th grade)
- Monday, May 31- Memorial Day Holiday
- Thursday, Jun 3 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Friday, June 11 – 8th grade Graduation (10:30 am), early dismissal
- Friday, June 11 – End of Third Trimester, last day of school
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com by 9pm Sunday.