- Teacher Appreciation Week- May 3-7
- Thank you, Amanda!
- Exploris 2021-22 School Calendar
- Family Map Volunteer Needed
- Panera pickup volunteers needed
- Easy ways to support Exploris!
- April Birthdays
1. Exploris Teacher Appreciation Week: May 3-7
Teacher Appreciation Week is next week! Parents, we hope you will plan to remember your child’s teachers with cards, gifts, flowers, or treats to let them know how much we appreciate them.
Middle school students- Please feel free to celebrate the week that your child is on campus.
For students attending virtually, parents are encouraged to send in e-gifts or in person (whichever works best for the parent)
PTO appreciation-Teachers from both campuses will receive a gift from the PTO every day during the week of teacher appreciation week, too!
2. Thank you, Amanda!
Amanda Northrup is leaving Exploris at the end of April! Over the past 6 years she has worked as crew teacher, Director of Curriculum, and Associate Director. We will all miss her! If you’d like to join us in saying a big THANK YOU to Amanda, please click and enter your messages here on her online card: https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/aBPfgnp2
3. Exploris 2021-22 Calendar
The Exploris Board has approved the calendar for next school year and it is online! Visit: https://explorispto.org/calendar/
>>>First Day of School: Monday, August 16, 2021
4. Family Map and PTO Communications Work- VOLUNTEER(S) NEEDED
We need a new volunteer to coordinate the Family Map this summer, and are also looking for a new VP Communications for the PTO Board for next year.
Each year, the PTO sets up a Family Carpool Map. Exploris families fill out a form and their contact information can go on the map, the school directory, or both. We are looking for a new map volunteer. Ideally, this person has some knowledge of WordPress and Google Maps, but it is not hard to learn. The Family Map work requires a commitment of a few hours online per week starting late July and ending in late August. Please reach out to Dana Deaton at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this job!
Other communications jobs are opening too as Dana is finishing her term as VP Communications. If you or another parent would be good for these tasks, please speak up! email email@example.com
- Family Map
- Monday Minute (PTO blog/email)
- PTO Website (wordpress)
- PTO Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- PTO Board Google Group
5. Want to help give back to the community and support our school?
Sign up for Panera Bread Pick-Up. volunteers needed to pick up at Panera bread on Glenwood Avenue and drop off at the elementary campus. All slots are for Sunday night at close and drop off Monday morning to ES campus. If you’re able please sign up using the link below.
6. Exploris School PTO Passive Fundraising Opportunities
Thank you to everyone who is helping out with these easy fundraisers for our school!
Please visit the Exploris PTO Passive Fundraising page for details and links! https://explorispto.org/fundraising/passivefundraising/
- Harris Teeter VIC cards
- Lowes Foods Cart to Class
- Publix Partners
- Box Tops 4 Education
- Amazon Smile
- Office Depot/Office Max
Questions? Suggestions? Contact Desa Bojdo – firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Happy April Birthdays!!
Please join us in wishing all of the April born Exploris Staff Members a big Happy Birthday!
- 4/4 Mary McWay – 7th Grade
- 4/13 Adele Agbaw – 2nd Grade
- 4/13 Karen Morgan – Financial Business Manager
- 4/26 Alyssa Altman – EC
- 4/26 Jamie Butler – GA, Art Middle School
- May 3-7- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Thursday, May 6 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 13 and Friday, May 14 – Teacher Workdays//Digital Learning Days//Passage portfolios (8th grade)
- Monday, May 31- Memorial Day Holiday
- Thursday, Jun 3 PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
- Friday, June 11 – 8th grade Graduation (10:30 am), early dismissal
- Friday, June 11 – End of Third Trimester, last day of school
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com by 9pm Sunday.