- Crew Parents Needed
- Snacks for Teachers- sign up
- Popsicles at the Playground- thanks!
- Lunch Update
- Welcome Back- photo album
- Link your Harris Teeter Card!
- Calendar/Flex Days
- School Phone Number- save it
- Carpool Map
Thanks for reading the Monday Minute, the regular Exploris PTO blog post. We publish these updates on most Mondays during the school year. If you would like to receive PTO emails please visit our website explorispto.org and enter your email address in the signup box in the right side column or where you see “Enter your email address to sign up for the PTO mailing list.” If you need help or have any questions about the Exploris PTO communications or need help subscribing, just contact us at email@example.com.
1. Calling All Grade Level Parents!
The Exploris PTO is looking for Crew Parent Volunteers for the 2021-2022 school year. Our teachers need our support more than ever, please consider volunteering.
Crew Parent Responsibilities:
- Meet and Greet Zoom Meeting to kick off the year
- Be the Fun by supporting the Teachers: coordinate supplies, volunteers, parties, bring snacks for the teachers, help with PTO projects such as Art By Me
- Join PTO’s Slack Platform: gives an easy platform for communication, plus you will see the inner workings of the PTO
- Attend the General PTO meeting and keep your grade up to date on any important PTO information. Meetings will be held every other month on Wednesday nights from 6:30 – 7:30pm. A total of 4-5 during the school year
- Help with Teacher Appreciation Week
- 4th Grade Parent Group plans 5th Grade Graduation, within budget constraints
- Teacher Birthdays: PTO is in charge of giving $30 gift card, parents are in charge of the celebrating (could be a sweet for the entire class, hang balloons, any birthday type surprise)
- Brainstorm with other Grades: K – 2nd grade, 3rd – 5th grade and middle school could be their own group to support each other and brainstorm ways to support the teachers
If this sounds like something you are interested in doing, please email Brooke Hedrick at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease include your name, email address and the grade your child is currently in at Exploris.
2. Snacks for Teachers! Sign up now
Here is the signup genius for the Teacher Snacks. It is broken down into Elementary and Middle school. Let’s treat our Exploris staff!
3. Popsicles at the Playground!
Thanks to everyone who came to the Popsicles at the Playground event on Sunday at #explorisschool! We had a great turnout despite the heat, and there were plenty of popsicles to help keep everyone cool. We had a fun scavenger hunt and raffle organized by event chair Carrie Kressmann. If you missed the event and would like to purchase Exploris spiritwear, we’ll have online ordering set up on our website soon.Please make sure you are receiving emails and social media notifications from #ExplorisPTO. Sign up to follow our blog at http://explorispto.org by entering your email address in the box on the right side column. Email email@example.com if you have any questions about getting involved at Exploris!
4. Explorations Teachers Needed! Explorations beginning September 3
We are looking for a few more volunteers to support our Explorations program beginning September 3 (from 1-3pm). We need class leaders in lower elementary and upper elementary levels.
For those of you new to Exploris, here’s an information sheet on Explorations!
If you are interested in leading a class or supporting our students, please email Callie and Karen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
New this year: Explorations teachers are eligible for up to $100 reimbursement from the PTO for course supplies and fees.
5. Lunch update
Planet Green’s Hot School Lunch Program is coming soon. We will implement school-wide starting September 8th. Prior to September 8th, we will pilot with a small group at each grade level to ensure we have the new system and process running smoothly. If you have questions please feel free to contact email@example.com.
6. Welcome Back !
Thanks to everyone who contributed photos to our first day of school photo album! It’s so great to see all of these smiling faces. Over 60 pictures have been added to our album on Facebook! We will add more photos, just post in the comments, DM or tag #ExplorisPTO
First Day of School at Exploris- Photo Album!
7. Exploris School PTO Passive Fundraising Opportunities
Thank you to everyone who is helping out with these easy fundraisers for our school! Right now we are encouraging everyone to re-link your grocery cards. This week we are featuring Harris Teeter:
Earn money for Exploris with Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program! Link your VIC card to our school today with code 3464, purchase HT brand products and prescriptions and you’re earning cash for Exploris! You must have an HT account to participate and you can register below. After creating an account, link your VIC card with Exploris using the second link, through the HT app or in store at checkout.Note-Both schools are under the Exploris Middle School account.
Please visit the Exploris PTO Passive Fundraising page for details and links! https://explorispto.org/fundraising/passivefundraising/
- Harris Teeter VIC cards
- Lowes Foods Cart to Class
- Publix Partners
- Box Tops 4 Education
- Amazon Smile
Questions? Suggestions? Contact Richard Averitte – firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Back to School/First Trimester Dates!
- September 6 & 7: Holidays/No School (Labor Day, Rosh Hashanah)
- September 13: Flex Day (details below)
- September 15: PTO board meeting
- September 16: Holiday/No School (Yom Kippur)
- October 4-8: Fall Break/No School
- October 22: Teacher Workday: Parent Conferences
- November 11: Holiday/No School (Veteran’s Day)
- November 12: Flex Day (details TBA)
- November 19: End of Trimester 1
View the 2021-22 school calendar and Google Calendar here: https://explorispto.org/calendar/
FLEX DAY ON SEPTEMBER 13TH: Our first Flex Day is coming soon! On Monday, September 13th, most students will be learning from home and will not attend school in person that day. All students will have asynchronous work to complete. Staff will be receiving some specialized training and will be working with small groups of students who need extra support. These days are part of our Covid learning recovery plans and will allow us to better serve all our students. Families, your crew teacher will be contacting you if your student is part of the groups that will be meeting on campus that day.
8. SCHOOL PHONE NUMBER:
Families, please add the school phone # to your allowed contacts for One-call and for emergency notifications, family check ins, needs to pick up a sick kid etc.
9. Sign up for the EXPLORIS FAMILY CARPOOL MAP!
Each summer, Exploris PTO volunteers help families connect by posting the Exploris Family Carpool Map. Whether you need a daily carpool, occasional rides, or just want to connect with families that live near you, we hope you’ll opt-in to this map. We’ll keep it updated for about six weeks so everyone will have time to get carpools lined up.
Please fill out this form to get on the map:
- Password Protected: The Family Map and the School Directory will be posted on password protected pages on the PTO website. You will be emailed the password once your information has been added. Please do not share the passwords publicly.
- Get on the Map! Even if you’re not sure if you will be carpooling, please fill out the form. Your address will be on the map, making it easier to find Exploris families in your neighborhood.
The Map will be updated daily as more people fill out the form.
Feel free to email Dana and Jen at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thanks!
Thanks for reading the Exploris PTO Blog Please follow our website to receive emails from the PTO. http://explorispto.org
If you would like to submit information for the Monday Minute, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm Sunday.