- Spiritwear SALES END TUESDAY
- Breakfast for Dinner on Tuesday!
- Fall Festival- October 29 – volunteers needed
- October School Newsletter
- Updates from Exploris
- Art By Me fall fundraiser
- Shop with Amazon Smile!
- Playdate October 15
- Explorations- we need more volunteers
- Annual Fund
- Crew Parents Needed
- Spirit Week Schedule
The Exploris Spiritwear store is OPEN! Purchase items online now through TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12!
We have a variety of fun Exploris t-shirts and stickers and vehicle magnets. Orders are placed online and items will be delivered to students at school.
Get your orders in now! Order here: https://exploris-school-pto.square.site/s/shop
Join us on October 29 for the Exploris Fall Festival!
The Exploris PTO is excited to announce a fun outdoor event for our entire school community. Get your costumes ready because this will be festive fun for our everyone! Crew Parents from each grade will sponsor an activity. If you’d like to join the Slack workspace to be on our planning team or volunteer with one of the grade levels, please email Brook at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dana at email@example.com.
We are plannning:
- Pumpkin Carving Contest
- DJ and dancing!
- Photo booth
- Firepit area
- Food Truck
- Cornhole Competition
- Pumpkin Painting
- Costume Parade
- Giant Jenga
Please RSVP on our Facebook Event Page: https://fb.me/e/2FQnfZQ1T
Important Updates from Exploris
- Please read the Exploris School Newsletter. October 2021 is now online!
- Picture Day: Amy Ames will be back with us to take school pictures on Tuesday, Oct. 19th at the elementary school and on Wednesday, October 20 at the middle school. All students will have their picture taken on those days for the yearbook, and families will have the option of purchasing photo packages. October 22 there is the opportunity for Photo shoots – family mini sessions. Sign-up Genius link
- Lunch Programming: Here is the October menu from Green Planet. Please remember ordering for the week will close on Sundays. It is to your advantage to order for the month to avoid multiple translation fees.
Important Information regarding lunches:
- Middle School Parent Connection Session– Look for details in the next few weeks about our upcoming Parent Connection Session. This session will be all about the transition to HS. All families are welcome and we encourage you to bring your child along. You will get great insights, tips, and details on the different high school options available to our students.
- Yearbooks are on sale now! The Exploris Yearbook staff is working hard on this book to highlight the 2021-22 school year. The yearbook is for all grades, K-8. Buy early for the lowest prices of the year! Buy Your Yearbook at Jostens
- Exploris COVID Protocol Flowchart: LINK / Free Covid testing
- Students can refer themselves to a counselor. LINK
- Substitute Teachers Needed – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Exploris families!
The PTO is promoting the ‘Art by Me’ fundraiser again this year! Our wonderful Art teachers, Jamie & Amira are helping the students to create pictures that can be applied to a large selection of products for family & friends to purchase. ( this will be in time for the holidays also! Ordering is in November and orders arrive beginning of December )
You will get to see the pictures your children have created before ordering and chose if you want to purchase items with their drawings on them. Middle school students are working on their artwork now, while elementary school students will complete artwork after fall break.
The money raised will support the PTO who helps to support our Exploris community.
For more information visit https://explorispto.org/fundraising/art-by-me/
Remember to shop with AmazonSmile! It’s easy to support The Exploris School!
Shopping for a Halloween costume or candy on Amazon? Start your shopping at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-1719653, or with AmazonSmile activated in the app, and they’ll donate 0.5% of the eligible purchase price!
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your charity- The Exploris School
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for Exploris.
- Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
- How to use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
- Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
Playdate planned for October 15!
Hello! Would anyone like to join us for an after school playdate at Chavis Park on Friday October 15th? I have a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. We will hang out till at least 5:00pm. I would love to connect with other Exploris families. Reach out if you have questions, or just join us on the 15th after school!
Abra- (832)566-7168 or email@example.com
Explorations – help needed for Session 2- only 4 weeks! We do not have enough volunteers. Please help if you can.
We are now looking for parent volunteers for Session 2 (starts on October 15th and takes us through November 19th). Session 2 is only 4 weeks in length, so if you have an idea for an Exploration, we would love to hear from you! If you would like to serve as a class helper or a sub, we would love to hear from you as well.
If you are interested in supporting Explorations, please fill out this form. We are looking forward to having a fantastic second session. It takes a minimum of 30 magical volunteers every week to make it possible!
Please let us know if you have any questions or need help brainstorming class ideas. We look forward to having you share your talents with our students!
Thanks again, and see you soon!
Callie and Karen
THE EXPLORIS ANNUAL FUND DRIVE IS UNDERWAY!
DONATE HERE: https://exploris.kindful.com/
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND JOIN US ON NOVEMBER 30- Giving Tuesday!
EXPLORIS SOCIAL AT LYNNWOOD BREWING CONCERN
We recently kicked off this year’s Annual Fund Drive. The goal, as always, is to raise $100,000 from 100% of our families. ANY amount is OK! Donations can be monthly or one time, and are tax deductible. Donations make a real and meaningful contribution to our school, used for areas such as:
- Funding the annual budget of the Parent-Teacher Organization
- Funding grants for teachers above and beyond normal classroom supplies
- Purchasing food for families in need
- Filling in gaps in materials or software not covered by the school budget
Please check your Exploris emails for more information.
Thanks for reading,
Chair, Exploris School Foundation
We need a few more Crew Parents- please volunteer!
The Exploris PTO is still looking for a few more Crew Parent Volunteers for the 2021-2022 school year. Our teachers need our support more than ever, please consider volunteering.
Crew Parent Information: https://explorispto.org/about/crew-parents/
If this sounds like something you are interested in doing, please email Brooke Hedrick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email address and the grade your child is currently in at Exploris.
Wish our October Birthday babies a Happy Birthday!
- 10/1 – Adrian Findlay
- 10/15 – Michelle Butterworth
- 10/16 – Carol Evens
- 10/29 – Matt Moreland
- 10/29 – Jacquetta Zimmerman
Important Dates (Exploris CALENDAR):
- Tuesday, October 12- Last day to order spiritwear
- Tuesday, October 12- Breakfast for Dinner fundraiser at Biscuitville
- Tuesday, October 19- Elementary School Picture Day
- Wednesday, October 20 – Middle School Picture Day
- Wednesday, October 20- General PTO Meeting, 6:30pm on Zoom
- Friday, October 22 – Teacher Workday for Portfolio Conferences
- Friday, October 22 – Photo shoots – family mini sessions. Sign-up Genius link
- October 25-29- Spirit Week! See below
- Friday, October 29- Fall Festival! 5-8pm at Exploris Elementary Campus
- Thursday, November 11 – Veterans Day – Holiday
- Friday, November 12 – Flex Day – ASYNCHRONOUS FOR STUDENTS
- Friday, November 19 – End of First Trimester
- Monday, November 22 – Tuesday November 23 – Teacher Workday
- Friday, Nov 19 (3:15pm)- Monday, Nov 29 (8am) – Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 17 – Early Dismissal
- Winter Break – Friday Dec 17 (12:15pm) – Tuesday, Jan 4 (8am)
If you would like to submit information for a PTO blog post, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading and have a great fall break!