- Crew Parents needed
- Annual Fund kicks off Nov. 5
- School Calendar Online
- Art By Me Fundraiser coming soon
- Yearbooks on Sale Now
- School Pictures- Order now
- School Directory Online
- Upcoming Events
1.WE NEED CREW PARENTS! What does a crew parent do? Serve as a liaison between the PTO and teachers, spoil your teachers with snacks once a trimester and (PTO funded) treats on their birthday, coordinate volunteers as needed for crew-specific activities.
2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th & 8th still need crew parents.
Interested, or have questions? Contact Gineen – Gineen.Bowman@gmail.com
2. 2019-20 ANNUAL FUND: Unlike traditional public schools, public charter schools do not receive any state funds to pay for facilities. The Exploris School spends over $360,000 a year on facilities fees to cover our rent, land lease, and modular lease. We need the support of contributions from our Exploris families to help cover the facilities costs so that budget resources can be used to support instruction in the classroom. This annual contribution from our families will support the annual operating budget. Our campaign will kick off on November 5th.
Fundraising for our annual operating budget does not go toward the construction of a new building. TheCapital Campaign fund has started to raise money to support the development of a new K-8 school. Capital Campaign funds are reserved in a separate Exploris School Foundation account to be used for future construction.
More info on how and when you can give will be available soon.
3. School Calendar
The 2019-20 Exploris Google Calendar and PTO Calendar links are here:
You can keep up with Exploris events by subscribing to the Google Calendar. First click on the Calendar, then click on the + button in the lower right corner of the calendar. If you don’t already have a Google account, you will need to set one up, which is easy and free. After subscribing, all Exploris events will also be displayed on your calendar.
5. Exploris 2020 Yearbooks are now on Sale! Early is good! Get ahead-of-the-game and check “order yearbook” off your list today! These memories will be worth looking back on to see how far you’ve come. This year’s story is just the beginning.
Click here to purchase your 2019-2020 yearbook. The price is $30.
Would you like to submit photos to the yearbook? There’s an APP for that! Please download the REPLAYIT APP
Parents and students, can you please download the replayit app to your phones or use the website to submit pictures for yearbook!
6. The Exploris School pictures are ready to view and order!
Here is a link to view the images: https://www.gallery.lifelongimpressions.com/gallery/exp19
It is password protected. Please email email@example.com for the password.
To access please enter your email address. No email addresses will be saved beyond use for ordering nor are they sold or given to any third party.
If you have questions regarding placing an order, I am happy to answer them and there is a video available to walk you through the process. Here is the video link with a live screen view showing how orders can be placed. https://vimeo.com/292003209/f85c140328
Orders should be placed online. If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to me by email, text or phone. Sales tax is included in the pricing.
Deadline for ordering is October 7th.
7. The Exploris School Directory is online
It is password protected. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the password.
Have you filled out the FORM? Please opt-in to the school directory by filling out the online form.
Monday, September 30: – Teacher Workday
October 4 (3:15pm) – October 14 (8am) – Fall Break
October 17 – Parent University – High School Planning
Monday, Nov. 11 – Veterans Day – Holiday
Friday, November 22 – End of First Trimester
Monday, November 25 – Tuesday November 26 – Teacher Workday
Friday, Nov 22 (3:15pm)- Monday, Dec 2 (8am) – Thanksgiving Break
Thanks for reading the “Monday Minute”! We publish this Exploris PTO blog post each Monday during the school year.
If you would like to submit information, please email your text (copy ready), photos, and links to Dana Deaton by 9pm Sunday at email@example.com .